DUBLIN, Apr. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Urinary Catheters Market Analysis by Product, (Intermittent Catheters, Foley/Indwelling Catheters, External Catheters), By Application, (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, Urinary Incontinence, Others), And Segment Forecasts, 2013 - 2024" report to their offering.
The global urinary catheters market is expected to reach USD 5.51 billion by 2024
The key contributors for the expansion of the market include the rising incidence of urinary disorders, growing elderly population, and technological advancements pertaining to the relevant devices.
The technological development pertaining to these instruments are expected to drive the demand further. The catheters become infected after a couple of weeks and can cause infection of the tract. The development of new antimicrobial catheters with introduced antimicrobial molecules within the tube has advantage over the traditional ones.
Furthermore, the reimbursement policies for these products can also be attributed to the growing demand. The Medicaid program reimburses a patient with 120 intermittent catheters per month and the Medicare Program reimburses around 200 catheters per month.
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- In 2015, intermittent catheters was the dominant segment due to less chances of infections associated with their usage and thus being more preferred over the other two types
- In 2015, urinary incontinence was the largest application segment due to the rising prevalence of the disease with aging population.
- North America dominated the market in 2015. The U.S. is the largest market in North America owing to the high prevalence of urology disorders, rising geriatric population, and reimbursement policies.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing during the forecast period owing to the improving infrastructure in emerging economies and increasing interest of large players in this region
The market dynamics indicate the presence of strong competition amongst the key players like
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Hollister, Inc
- B Braun Melsungen AG
- Teleflex Inc
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology
3 Urinary Catheters Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Urinary Catheters - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4 Urinary Catheters Market: Product Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Urinary Catheters Market: Product Type Movement Analysis
4.2 Intermittent Catheters
4.3 Foley/ Indwelling Catheters
4.4 External Catheters
5 Urinary Catheters Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Urinary Catheters Market: Application Movement Analysis
5.2 Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH)
5.3 Urinary Incontinence
5.4 Spinal Cord Injury
6 Urinary Catheters Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product Type & Application
7 Competitive Landscape
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Hollister Incorporated
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C.R.Bard, Inc.
- Cook Medical
- Teleflex Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- J and M Urinary Catheters LLC
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8vh5bl/urinary_catheters
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-urinary-catheters-market-2014-2017--2022-with-coloplast-boston-scientific-hollister-braun-teleflex--medtronic-dominating-the-551-billion-market-300438591.html
SOURCE Research and Markets