DUBLIN, Mar 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "North America Dietary Supplements Market By Product Type, By End User, By Point of Sale, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2012-2022" report to their offering.
Dietary supplements market in North America is projected to surpass US$ 38 billion by 2022.
Dietary supplements can be broadly categorized into specific product types that include vitamins & mineral supplements, herbal supplements, protein supplements and others.
Dietary supplements are products containing dietary components that are consumed in form of either powder, liquid or tablets/capsules, to address deficiency caused due to lack of balanced dietary intake.
Owing to increasing health consciousness, changing lifestyle and willingness of consumers to switch towards healthier dietary options, market for dietary supplements in North America is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Moreover, increasing demand for dietary supplements is being witnessed on account for growing obese population in the region. Amway, Herbalife, Living Essentials LLC, and Pfizer are few of the leading players engaged in offering dietary supplements in North America.
Among all of these product segments, vitamins & minerals segment grabbed the largest market share in 2016, and the segment is expected to continue its market dominance during the forecast period. In 2016, adult and old-age consumers accounted for more than three-fourths of the market share in value terms, and the trend is expected to prevail through 2022.
North America Dietary Supplements Market report discuss:
- North America Dietary Supplements Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Product Type (Vitamins & Minerals, Herbals, Probiotics, Protein Supplements and Others), By End User (Infant, Children, Adult and Old Aged), By Point of Sale (Pharmacies/Drug Stores, Supermarket/Hypermarket, Internet/Online, Departmental/Retail Store, Direct Selling and Others)
- Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- Growing Preference for Herbal Dietary Supplements
- Changing Lifestyle Habits of Consumers
- Adoption of New Marketing Strategies
- Personalized Nutrition
- Vegan Dietary Supplements
- Innovative Product Formats
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Genomma Lab Internacional S.A.B. de C.V.
- Herbalife International
- Jamieson Laboratories Ltd.
- Living Essentials LLC
- Nature's Bounty Co.
- Nature's Way Products LLC
- Pfizer Inc.
- Pharmavite LLC
- Shoppers Drug Mart Corp
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g4dsqp/north_america
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---north-america-dietary-supplements-market-forecast--opportunities-2022-with-amway-herbalife-living-essentials-llc-and-pfizer-dominating-300424131.html
SOURCE Research and Markets