WASHINGTON, Jan. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The dismal truth is that over 80% of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) R01 submitted grant applications get rejected.
If researchers stand a chance of being among the 16% of approved grant proposals, they have absolutely NO room for error. This is the reason for the newly released, how-to manual from Principal Investigator Leader: 2019 NIH R01 Grant: Expert Writing Skills.
This in-depth manual helps researchers submit more competitive R01 applications. Expert Contributor and veteran NIH reviewer, Mona R. Trempe, PhD, stated, "Based on my experiences over the decade I have served as a scientific review officer, this manual is an essential resource for avoiding common pitfalls that move your application to the bottom of the reviewer's stack."
This easy-to-use manual helps with the R01 grant-writing process from beginning to end. Here is a breakdown of each chapter:
- Start Your Grant Writing Process: Determine Impact, qualification and develop a game plan
- Get Reviewers Engaged: Write a strong Project Summary, Project Narrative and Biosketch
- Write a Beneficial Research Environment: Include resources reviewers want to see
- Research Strategies & Specific Aims: Meet Research Strategy and Specific Aims scoring criteria
- Human and Animal Subject Regulation Guidelines: Includes newest released rules and policies
- Give Reviewers a Research Budget They Want: Choose the right budget type and implement it
- Final Checks and Balances: Avoid common mistakes and audit your proposal to ensure accuracy
- Review and Scoring Processes: Demystify receipt and assignment, scoring criteria, and application tracking
- Application Resubmissions: Combat rejections, effectively respond to reviewer comments, and write a proper introduction
This unique manual utilizes recently funded NIH grant applications and veteran grant winners and reviewers to walk researchers through the R01 application process. The hands-on examples help readers know how to avoid common R01 application missteps and reviewer pet-peeves. This manual will assist researchers in preparing a stronger, more compliant R01 proposal and improve their funding chances.
To view the more details about the 2019 NIH R01 Grant: Expert Writing Skills manual please click here.
The publisher, Principal Investigator Leader, is an independent organization that helps scientists master their operational and financial challenges by offering expert training. Researchers who purchase this manual are protected by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
For additional information, visit their website or call 800-303-0129.
SOURCE PI Leader