NEW YORK, April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report includes a comprehensive analysis of all residential roofing products used in the North American residential roofing market. The current market demand for each product type is quantified by volume and value, with projections for growth from 2015 to 2020.
Use this report to:
- Analyze all residential roofing products used in the North American residential roofing market.
- Analyze the current market demand for each product type both in terms of volume and value, with projections for growth from 2015 to 2020.
- Gain information about the environmental programs, incentives and government regulations related to roofing industry.
- Receive information about the recyclable building materials.
- The North American residential roofing materials market is expected to grow from nearly $6.5 billion in 2015 to $7.8 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the period of 2015-2020.
- The lightweight (LW) laminate market will grow from nearly $3.2 billion in 2015 to $3.8 billion by 2020 with a CAGR of 3.8% for the period of 2015-2020.
- The heavyweight (HW) laminate market will grow from nearly $801.8 million in 2015 to nearly $956.8 million by 2020 with a CAGR of 3.6% for the period of 2015-2020.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The objective of this report is to provide business planners, investors and other professionals with quantifiable market measurement and analysis that can help them formulate strategic business plans and make key investment decisions.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Residential roofing is a $6 billion industry in North America, and provides the livelihood of approximately 25,000 roofing contractors and employs over 175,000 workers, plus many more thousands of employees who manufacture and distribute these products. Although hard hit by the Great Recession from December 2007 to June 2009, the industry has rebounded and remains a vital part of the economy, and an important
component in achieving and maintaining "the American dream" of home ownership. This BCC Research study is a comprehensive reference work that defines and describes the industry. This report was prepared by analyzing and researching information from industry sources, trade literature, producer and distributor web sites, and other reference material. The industry is diverse, creative and dynamic. The range of products currently on the market is very broad, far exceeding the ability of any sole distributor to stock and wider than most industry observers may be aware of. There are many smaller producers that have the capability of growing into future major brands. Some of these future success stories will ride the wave of demand for new products such as building-integrated photo-voltaic (BIPV) roofing products that are increasingly finding their way into mainstream roofing alternatives.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market research report includes a comprehensive analysis of all residential roofing products used in the North American residential roofing market. The report provides the latest in product developments, and material and technology enhancements, as well as various distribution channels and their dynamics. The current market demand for each product type is quantified by volume and value, with projections for growth
from 2015 to 2020. This report also profiles leading North American residential roofing manufacturers. The report is divided into the following eight chapters:
- Industry Structure and Competitive Analysis.
- Roofing Products.
- Market Review.
- Distribution Channels.
- Company Profiles.
The analysis provided in this report is regional, and includes information for the North American residential roofing market, including Canada and the U.S.
The numerical data contained in this report is based on market conditions and industry expert opinions available during the time the research was performed. Any reliance placed on this report will reflect those circumstances. Market conditions and circumstances will change over time. Actual and projected volumes in emerging applications are estimated through market research, including discussion with industry experts. Applications that are well established tend to provide the most accurate estimates. The base year reporting for this report is 2014. Data presented in tables is rounded to the nearest 0.1 million for market volumes, and the nearest $0.1 million for market values. Roofing volume is measured in squares. Each square equals 100 square feet. All estimated values and forecasts are stated in U.S. 2014 dollars, with no consideration of inflation.
This report is intended to provide necessary background and reference material for individuals involved in, or potentially interested in, the North American roofing industry. This includes individuals and organizations involved in the development, formulation, manufacture, sale and use of roofing products, and related and ancillary businesses, such as raw material suppliers, consultants, distributors, contractors and builders. This
BCC Research report will be of great value to technical and business personnel in the following areas, among others:
- Marketing and management personnel in companies that produce market and sell roofing products.
- Companies involved in the design and construction of plants that manufacture roofing materials and those who service these plants.
- Financial institutions supplying money for such facilities, including banks, merchant bankers, venture capitalists and others.
- Personnel in related industries, such as real estate development, architecture, community planning, home technology, oil and gas refining and processing, polymer processing, plastic molding, composite processing and molding, and others.
- Personnel in government, primarily building inspectors, but also state and local health, environmental, and other regulators who must implement and enforce laws covering construction and building quality.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Extensive searches were made of the literature and the Internet, including many of the leading trade publications, trade and industry associations, business publications, construction data compilation companies and others. Product information was obtained directly from the producing company. Market information was derived from various articles, trade publications, and interviews with knowledgeable parties and government sources. Information for corporate profiles was obtained primarily from the companies, especially larger, publicly owned firms. Other sources included directories, articles and Internet sites.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p0157457-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001