NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Distinguishing themselves as the leaders in the field of web-based autism treatment, Rethink Autism has been honored in 2011 by a wide range of education, technology and business organizations, including the Arizona State University Education Innovation Summit, the Software & Information Industry Association, the Interactive Media Awards, the American Business Association and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
"In developing the Rethink Autism platform we worked with leaders in the field of autism treatment and research, educators and parents of children with autism to create a platform that is as easy to use as it is powerful," said Daniel Etra, Co-founder and CEO. "With users in schools, organizations, government agencies, universities and homes in almost all 50 states, as well as 26 countries, we truly have made clinical best practices accessible to anyone worldwide. We're very proud to be honored by so many esteemed organizations for our work."
- Of the 10 honored companies at the Arizona State University's Education Innovation Summit, Rethink Autism won Best in Class Curriculum for its research-based library of over 1,200 video teaching steps, parent and staff training modules, assessment tools, and automated data reporting and progress tracking features.
- At the 2011 CODiE Awards, Rethink Autism was honored as the Best Instructional Solution for Special Needs Students by third party judges and members of the twenty-six-year-old Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA).
- At the Interactive Media Awards, Rethink Autism not only won the Best in Class, Education Award, it also took home the Best in Class Website in the Healthcare category.
- Governed by a board of distinguished judges and advisors, The American Business Association honored Rethink Autism with the title of Best Website in their Health Products & Services category.
- Chosen above thousands of businesses from across the nation this May, Rethink Autism was honored by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Summit and named one of the 25 Free Enterprise Honorees. Companies were selected for their dedication to strong business practices and their roles in enhancing the economy.
To learn more about Arizona State University's Education Innovation Summit, visit the organization's home page: http://edinnovation.asu.edu/
To learn more about the SIIA CODiE Awards, visit the organization's home page: http://www.siia.net/codies/2011/
To learn more about the Interactive Media Awards, visit the organization's home page: http://www.interactivemediaawards.com/
To learn more about the American Business Awards, visit the organization's home page: http://www.stevieawards.com/aba/
To learn more about the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Summit, visit the organization's home page: http://www.uschambersummit.com
About Rethink Autism (http://www.rethinkautism.com)
Rethink Autism, Inc. seeks to ensure that every child on the autism spectrum has access to effective and affordable evidence-based treatment options by providing professionals, parents, and family members with the tools and information necessary to teach children with autism in a way that is easy to understand and apply. Rethink Autism was founded in 2007 and has its headquarters at 19 West 21st Street in New York City.
Executive Vice President, Rethink Autism
SOURCE Rethink Autism, Inc.