CHICAGO, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If your New Year's resolution includes updating your home decor, a Chicago rug designer says it's easier than ever to bypass costly renovations and make small changes to bring big impact to a home.
Tam Wimolvan Vidulich, founder of Tam Wimolvan Vidulich (TWV) Carpets, has created four unique area rug collections, including her most recent Chromatica© collection, to please experienced or do-it-yourself designers alike. The versatile carpets offer a bold palette of colors and intricate designs inspired by the designer's global travels. TWV Carpets are made with premium, sustainable and renewable 100-percent New Zealand wool.
"Redecorating can be challenging because there are so many options," Vidulich says. "Before heading to your local home decor store to find a rug, I suggest homeowners take these five considerations to heart."
- Keep Color in MindWhen adding a carpet to a furnished room, Vidulich recommends taking your existing color scheme into account and choosing an accent color to play up. If you're starting from scratch, she suggests selecting a color scheme and one piece of furniture to build around.
- Materials Matter Vidulich recommends checking the material on any rug before buying. Natural fibers such as wool, sisal and bamboo are resilient and easy to maintain.
- Size It UpTo visualize the room with a rug, Vidulich says to create a template by combining recycled newspaper or fabric remnants on the floor in lieu of the rug to help you determine the shape and size you'll need.
- Be PreparedVidulich recommends bringing fabric samples, paint chips or color swatches during your shopping trip.
- Room to BreatheWhen choosing a rug for under a dining table, the rug should be approximately three feet beyond the edge of the table to allow for chair movement.
To view TWV Carpets visit the studio at Two Fish Gallery at 4424 N. Ravenswood Chicago, online www.TamsCarpets.com or call 773.878.6410.
About TWV Carpets
Tam Wimolvan Vidulich (TWV) Carpets is a Chicago-based rug gallery founded by interior architect and designer, Tam Wimolvan Vidulich. Founded in 1992, TWV Carpets offers an exclusive range of authentic 100-percent New Zealand wool rugs that are architecturally distinctive and come in an array of colors, shapes, textures and patterns. To view Vidulich's collections, please visit www.TamsCarpets.com.
Media Contact : Maris Callahan, Red Jeweled Media: email@example.com or 312-857-8417
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Tam Wimolvan Vidulich (TWV) Carpets