DUBLIN, Nov. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9l5dqs/intel_realsense) has announced the addition of the "Intel RealSense 3D Camera & STMicroelectronics IR Laser Projector - Reverse Costing Analysis" report to their offering.
Intel RealSense is an intelligent 3D camera equipped with a system of three components: a conventional camera, a near infrared image sensor and an infrared laser projector. Infrared parts are used to calculate the distance between objects, but also to separate objects on different planes. They serve for facial recognition as well as gestures tracking.
The Intel 3D camera can scan the environment from 0.2m to 1.2m. The fixed-focal length camera will support up to 1080p @30FPS capture in RGB with a 77° FOV. Its lens has a built in IR cut filter. The 640×480 pixel VGA camera has a frame rate up to 60fps with a 90° FOV, moreover its lens has an IR Band Pass filter.
The IR laser projector from STMicroelectronics integrates an infrared laser diode, low power class 1, and a resonant micro-mirror manufactured by STMicroelectronics. The projector is tiny, only 11.7mm x 8.4mm x 3.1mm and has a capability of 60fps.
STMicroelectronics has developed an intelligent design to reduce the dimension of the micro-mirror, facilitating its driving and dramacticly reducing the number of manufacturing steps in order to reduce the cost.
Based on a complete teardown analysis of the RealSense 3D Camera and the STMicroelectronics IR Laser Projector, the 2 reports provide the bill-of-material (BOM) and the manufacturing cost of the 3D Camera Module as well as a complete physical analysis and manufacturing cost estimation of the IR Laser Projector.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction - Executive Summary - Reverse Costing Methodology
2. Company Profile
3. Physical Analysis - Synthesis of the Physical Analysis - Physical Analysis Methodology - RealSense F200 - IR Laser Projector - Package Views, Dimensions & Pin Out - Lens Line - Laser Diode - Resonant Micro-Mirror - View, Dimensions & Marking - Opening - Resonant Micro-Mirror - Comb - Thickness - Bonding
4. Manufacturing Process Flow
- Global Overview
- Micro-Mirror Process Flows
- IR Sensor Wafer Fabrication Unit
- Packaging Process Flows
- Package Fabrication Unit
5. Cost Analysis - Main steps of economic analysis - Yields Hypotheses - Micro-Mirror Front - End Cost - Micro-Mirror Front - End Step Cost - Micro-Mirror Die Cost - Packaging Cost - Component Cost
6. Estimated Price Analysis
- Manufacturer Financial Ratios
- Estimated Selling Price
For more information visit
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets