AUSTIN, Texas, June 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- According to RSR Research, retail is at a reset moment triggered by consumer adoption of technology. Add hyper-competitive markets with the rapid proliferation of ecommerce and new entrants, and it's a "race for relevance" for retailers to stay ahead of the curve.
Amid increasing competitive pressures from ecommerce and new entrants, increasing velocity of price changes and greater demand for price transparency online and in-store, retailers need to redefine the role of competitive insights and pricing across the entire lifecycle of their products.
To avoid the race to the bottom and drive sustainable long term, winning retailers are deploying unified strategies across analytics, pricing, promotion and markdown to protect competitive position in the market and preserve margins and profits. This means putting greater focus on analytics that help them maximize gross margins, offer a strong value proposition, drive demand and win and keep customer loyalty.
Revionics, a leading provider of End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions, announced that its Senior Vice President of Product Strategy Cheryl Sullivan will speak at The Baird Global Consumer, Technology & Services Conference on Thursday, June 9, 9:40 - 10:10 a.m. EDT (Session IV) at the JW Marriott Essex House in New York, NY (Tivoli Room, 2nd floor).
Sullivan's presentation – Retail Redefined: Why Pricing is Still King – will discuss:
- Market Disruptors most impacting retailers around consumer and retail technology advancements and entrants
- Retail's Reset Moment and the Role of Pricing when "Price is King" and shoppers' pricing expectations are demanding
- Opportunities for Retail Leaders to move away from tactical to strategic pricing, so retailers avoid the Race to the Bottom, which erodes margins and destroys brand image
- Adding Analytics and Science to the Pricing Arsenal to help retailers know their customers and competitors and implement a unified merchandising strategy with actionable insights
- Why It's a Win-Win Proposition when the customer obtains their desired price and the retailer grows market share while protecting margins
- It's No Longer a Nice to Have as retailers must strategic about pricing, or risk leaving money on the table and losing market share and customer loyalty
.@Revionics to speak @rwbaird Consumer & Tech Conference on how #pricing is key to #retailers' success June 9: http://goo.gl/ufDcee
About Revionics, Inc.
Revionics is a proven leader in End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions. Over 62,000 retail locations around the world optimize with Revionics across 18,000,000 products and 2.6 billion item/store combinations are modeled weekly. Revionics empowers retailers around the globe to profitably execute a data-driven omni-channel merchandising strategy by utilizing one of the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to increase financial performance and improve customer satisfaction. Revionics' solutions are powered by unmatched demand-based science and advanced predictive analytics to help ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation to drive business performance and seamless shopper experience – online, in-store, social and mobile. Delivered on a scalable, SaaS-based platform, Revionics solutions offer real-time insights and dynamic decisions at speed, scale and frequency, while providing fast ROI. Revionics has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ and JMP Securities' Hot 100 Software Company. To learn how you can compete more profitably, please visit www.revionics.com.
Contact: Alison Raffalovich
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Phone: +1 (512) 826-0538 (USA)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/revionics-to-present-at-baird-2016-consumer-technology--services-conference-on-retail-redefined-why-pricing-is-still-king-300280615.html