WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Oct. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) acknowledges that it has received a non-binding proposal from British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) to purchase the approximately 58 percent of RAI common stock that BAT does not currently own.
The RAI board of directors, consistent with their fiduciary duties, will evaluate the offer from BAT and respond accordingly.
Web and Social Media Disclosure
RAI's website, www.reynoldsamerican.com, is the primary source of publicly disclosed news, including quarterly earnings, for RAI and its operating companies. RAI also uses Twitter to publicly disseminate company news via @RAI News. It is possible that the information we post could be deemed to be material information. We encourage investors and others to register at www.reynoldsamerican.com to receive alerts when news about the company has been posted, and to follow RAI on Twitter at @RAI News.
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company.
R.J. Reynolds' brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc. manufactures and markets Natural American Spirit products.
- American Snuff Company, LLC is the nation's second-largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak.
- Niconovum USA, Inc. and Niconovum AB market innovative nicotine replacement therapy products in the United States and Sweden, respectively, under the ZONNIC brand name.
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company is a marketer of digital vapor cigarettes, manufactured on its behalf by R.J. Reynolds, under the VUSE brand name in the United States.
Copies of RAI's news releases, annual reports, SEC filings and other financial materials, including risk factors containing forward-looking information, are available at www.reynoldsamerican.com. To learn more about how Reynolds American and its operating companies are transforming the tobacco industry, visit Transforming Tobacco.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/reynolds-american-acknowledges-receipt-of-non-binding-proposal-from-british-american-tobacco-to-acquire-all-remaining-outstanding-shares-of-rai-stock-300349050.html
SOURCE Reynolds American Inc.