WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Reynolds American Inc.'s (NYSE: RAI) 2014 Sustainability Report, which highlights the latest initiatives by RAI and its subsidiaries to ensure a sustainable commercial future while addressing stakeholder expectations, is now available on the company's website.
"Sustainable business practices are good for our businesses and they are the right thing to do," said Susan M. Cameron, president and chief executive officer of RAI. "This report showcases the work our companies are doing to meet the changing expectations of adult tobacco consumers; promote the well-being of employees and the communities in which they live; and minimize the environmental impact of both operations and products."
As part of their commitment to sustainable business practices, as well as their efforts to lead the transformation of the tobacco industry, RAI and its subsidiaries are focusing on three key areas of activity: Youth Tobacco Prevention, Tobacco Harm Reduction and Commercial Integrity. By effectively executing strategies behind these three pillars, RAI and its subsidiaries are leading change in the tobacco industry by driving innovation throughout their businesses, redefining enjoyment for adult tobacco consumers, reducing the harm caused by smoking and accelerating the decline in youth tobacco use.
"Transforming tobacco is a bold vision, and our journey is well under way," Cameron said. "Our goal is to ultimately achieve market leadership in a transformed industry. We are moving our businesses forward with a full appreciation of stakeholder expectations for how a tobacco company should operate, while growing our businesses — now and over the long term."
For more information and to download a summary of RAI's Sustainability Report, go to www.ReynoldsAmerican.com.
RAI's website, www.reynoldsamerican.com, is the primary source of publicly disclosed news about RAI and its operating companies. We use the website as our primary means of distributing quarterly earnings and other company news. We encourage investors and others to register at www.reynoldsamerican.com to receive alerts when news about the company has been posted.
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. R.J. Reynolds' brands include two of the best-selling cigarettes in the U.S.: Camel and Pall Mall. These brands, and its other brands, including Winston, Kool, Doral, Salem, Misty and Capri, are manufactured in a variety of styles and marketed in the U.S.
- American Snuff Company, LLC is the nation's second-largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak.
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc. manufactures and markets Natural American Spirit 100% additive-free natural tobacco products, including styles made with organic tobacco.
- Niconovum USA, Inc. and Niconovum AB market innovative nicotine replacement therapy products in the U.S. and Sweden, respectively, under the ZONNIC brand name.
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company makes and markets VUSE e-cigarettes, a highly differentiated vapor product.
Copies of RAI's news releases, annual reports, SEC filings and other financial materials, including risk factors containing forward-looking information, are available at www.reynoldsamerican.com. To learn how RAI and its operating companies are transforming the tobacco industry, go to the RAI website, Transforming Tobacco.
SOURCE Reynolds American Inc.