BOSTON, March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Listen closely, and today you will hear the news about a new audio-driven social media platform, Riffr, launched by MobileSphere. A free app and website, Riffr allows users to record, upload, post, and listen to high-quality content with the emotion and intimacy of voice. Now, users can speak their mind, listen to their heroes, educate others, connect with friends and family, and become informed by simply listening. These audio clips – Riffs – are between five seconds and three minutes long. Users record and stream through the app and enjoy a wide range of topics including comedy, health & wellness, DIY, entertainment, and more.
Riffr helps creators and users experience content in an authentic, relatable way. Voice relays emotion and with its user-friendly interface, professional quality audio can be recorded utilizing your phone with the touch of a button; no need for expensive equipment. With Riffr users can hear the sarcasm of a comedian, the soothing instructions of a yoga teacher and the improvisation of a musician. Whether you're a professional podcaster or a person with a passion, Riffr offers a powerful way to share, teach, and learn.
"Audio transmits authenticity and emotions that are either lacking in text or are lost in images and videos," said Toufic Mobarak, founder and CEO of Riffr. "Riffr is where people with something to share, either privately within a small group of friends, or publicly with the world, can go to have their unique voice heard, and where people who want to learn and hear from others can spend quality time listening while remaining productive and connected." You can hear his statement as a riff, here.
Being content-obsessed has become routine for most. With Riffr, the distraction of heavily filtered images, video, and misunderstood text and emojis are eliminated. Thus, making this a focused, personal experience that can be enjoyed without having to constantly look at a screen. Here's an overview of the platform.
- Anyone can join Riffr and create a channel, record audio clips, publish public and private riffs, and listen to others from the app or website.
- Registered users can build a following, follow others, comment on riffs, and easily keep up-to-date with new content.
- Public riffs shared by text message, email or posted on websites and social media accounts can be heard by others regardless of whether they have downloaded the app or created a Riffr account.
- Riffs are each categorized as: entertainment, news, sports, opinion, music, personal or expertise.
- Riffr respects privacy – no personal information is collected other than the user's name and an email/phone for the registration code.
- Users maintain control of their content because riffs are streamed, and never downloaded.
Riffr is a social network and app powered by audio. People go to Riffr to learn, teach, entertain, express themselves, update their audiences, and listen to others with the emotion, intention and unique connection conveyed through voice. On Riffr, anyone can easily record, upload and post high-quality Riffs, or listen to others' Riffs, which are streamed audio clips between 5 seconds and 3 minutes long. Riffr is where people discover and listen to fun, entertaining and informative quick bursts of audio across a wide range of topics including comedy, health & wellness, DIY, entertainment, sports, news, music, personal updates, public announcements, and opinion. Riffs can be private or posted publicly, shared within the community, and distributed via text, email, and posted on other websites and social media accounts to be played by a broad audience and listened to anywhere.