19 Jul, 2022, 04:00 ET
Oleochemicals Market to Reach US$ 28.76 Bn in 2022 Driven by High Biodiesel Production
Fact.MR's detailed analysis on the global oleochemicals market offers readers with a 360-degree view for the forecast period of 2022 to 2032. The report further reveals key information regarding future trends, opportunities, hindrances, and growth drivers across various segments, including type, application, and region.
NEW YORK, July 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global oleochemicals market size is expected to be valued at US$ 48.61 Bn in 2032. Increasing usage of bio-based and renewable chemicals in pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, and personal care & cosmetics industries is projected to foster growth in forthcoming years.
High demand for biodegradable and sustainable chemicals for reducing the dependence on petrochemicals is also set to aid growth. As per Fact.MR, sales in the global oleochemicals market are anticipated to reach US$ 28.76 Bn in 2022, exhibiting growth at a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period (2022-2032).
Increasing initiatives by manufacturers to replace chemically-derived products with bio-based chemicals to lower reformulation, as well as re-equipping cost and time are likely to bolster growth. In addition to that, high demand for bio-based plastics from various end-use industries is anticipated to augur well for the market.
For Critical Insights on this Market, Get A Sample Report!
Moreover, demand for glycerol is set to surge with the decreasing consumption of synthetic products, such as propylene glycol and Diethylene Glycol (DEG). It would further promote biodiesel production and enable companies to invest in the development of alternative methods for purifying crude glycerin.
Surging demand for oleochemicals in the pharmaceutical industry for the manufacturing of a wide range of drugs is another vital factor that would propel growth. Rising inclination of millennials towards organic and natural personal care products is also expected to spur growth.
Besides, increasing production of palm oil and palm kernel in the U.S. is projected to push sales of oleochemicals in the country. China, on the other hand, is set to exhibit considerable growth stoked by rising government initiatives to accelerate the production of green chemicals.
- The U.S. oleochemicals market is anticipated to record steady growth at a CAGR of 6% in the forecast period from 2022 to 2032.
- High demand for fatty acid methyl ester to push the China oleochemicals market at 6.2% CAGR in 2032.
- Based on type, the fatty acid segment is projected to generate a market share of about 52.1% during the forthcoming years.
- By application, the pharmaceuticals and personal care category is set to hold a 32.1% market share in 2032.
- North America is likely to generate a lion's share of about 33.1% in the oleochemicals market by 2032.
- Shifting preference for eco-friendly products and high cost of petrochemical products are expected to push growth.
- Usage of oleochemicals as fatty acids for the production of varnishes, lubricants, surfactants, detergents, and soaps is likely to drive growth.
- Pre-treatment of low-quality glycerin solutions can often release Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which may hamper growth.
- Decomposition of small molecules with low weight may lead to odor emissions and decline sales of oleochemicals.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=587
The global oleochemicals market is consolidated with the presence of a few key players occupying a high share. The majority of these key players are investing huge sums in R&D activities, as well as striving to produce bio-based lubricants by using oleochemicals, such as soybean oil.
Meanwhile, some of the other companies are aiming to strengthen their product portfolio, expand customer base, and develop new manufacturing facilities by focusing more on mergers and acquisitions.
- In June 2021, Arkema, a specialty chemicals and advanced materials manufacturer based in France, expanded its global production capacity of Oleris advanced bio-materials by 50%. The newly developed production capacity will be a part of the company's previously announced bio-factory that is currently under construction in Singapore.
- In September 2020, Emery Oleochemicals, a leading manufacturer of high-performance specialty chemicals headquartered in the U.S., unveiled its latest product line of general-purpose fatty acid esters named EMERY E. The product line would act as an eco-friendly alternative to petrochemical-based materials.
Key Companies Profiled by Fact.MR
- Emery Oleochemicals
- Wilmar International
- Du Pont
- Musim Mas Group
- Croda International
- IOI Group
- Cargill Inc.
More Valuable Insights on Oleochemicals Market
In the latest study, Fact.MR offers a detailed study on global oleochemicals market for the forecast period of 2022 to 2032. This study also highlights key drivers promoting the sales of oleochemicals through detailed segmentation as follows:
- Fatty Acids
- Fatty Alcohol
- Other Types
- Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Soaps & Detergents
- Other Applications
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Interested to Procure The Data? Inquire here
Key Questions Covered in the Oleochemicals Market Report
- What is the projected value of the oleochemicals market in 2022?
- At what rate will the global oleochemicals market grow until 2032?
- Which are the factors hampering the growth in the oleochemicals market?
- Which region is expected to lead in the global oleochemicals market during 2022-2032?
- Which are the factors driving the oleochemicals market during the forecast period?
- What is the expected market value of the oleochemicals market during the forecast period?
Explore Fact.MR's Coverage on the Chemicals & Materials Domain
Internal Boiler Treatment Chemicals Market: Increasing launch of distinct and industry-specific internal boiler treatment chemical systems is likely to augment the market. Besides, urgent need to treat feed water to ensure optimized steam generation is expected to drive growth.
Feedwater Treatment Chemicals Market: Emergence of novel additives to reduce the risk of shortened service life, leakage, clogging, and extra downtime in industrial water treatment systems is projected to augment growth. In addition, governments of various countries are set to implement strict norms to treat and reuse feedwater, which would push growth.
Electroplating Chemicals Market: Increasing usage of electroplating chemicals to engrave, coat, and clean metallic surfaces is anticipated to augur well for the global market. Growing production of printed circuit boards in combination with other electronic devices is another crucial factor that is expected to boost the market.
Chiral Chemicals Market Report: Leading players in the pharmaceutical industry are creating new strategies that highlight the importance of obtaining enantiomeric purity of their products. This is expected to further boost the demand for chiral chemicals in this space.
High Purity Aluminium Market: East Asia is the largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world, especially Taiwan and China. Therefore, demand concentration of high purity aluminium is closely connected to the growth of the semiconductor industry in Taiwan.
Liquid Polybutadiene Market: The primary goal of Fact.MR's report on the liquid polybutadiene (LPBD) market is to provide insights on demand generators, market scenario, and technological advances in the field. The report also provides a breakdown detailing major sectors, which identifies insights into market dynamics, including the drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, and price analysis
Aliphatic Solvents Market: According to Fact.MR, the global aliphatic solvents market is poised to reach US$ 3 billion by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 5% across the forecast period. The U.S. shall generate maximum demand for aliphatic solvents globally, while China is expected to cement its dominance in the Asia Pacific market.
High Performance Polymers Market: A recent study by Fact.MR on the high performance polymers market offers a 10-year forecast for 2021 to 2031. The study analyzes crucial trends that are currently determining the growth of the market.
Activated Carbon Market: The global activated carbon market has witnessed strong growth owing to growing demand for water treatment applications, development in technology, increasing awareness about health, and rising capability of people to obtain medical services.
Fact.MR is a market research and consulting agency with deep expertise in emerging market intelligence. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare, technology, chemical and materials, to even the most niche categories. 80% of Fortune 1000's trusts us in critical decision making. We provide both qualitative and quantitative research, spanning market forecast, market segmentation, competitor analysis, and consumer sentiment analysis.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E: [email protected]
Share this article