KANSAS CITY, Mo., Dec. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This year, the elves at Lockton have been busy in their workshop analyzing yuletide risks from the classic holiday movie, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." A veritable nightmare for any insurance professional, this movie captures just how badly things can go when the Griswolds enter a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency.
No one has ever put more of their blood, sweat, tears, and copious amounts of eggnog into making a perfect family Christmas as Clark Wilhelm Griswold, Jr. However this year, Clark's bumbling has been mitigated significantly with the help of a team of Lockton Associates, who have provided options to protect the Griswolds from Clark's general buffoonery.
Luckily for the Griswold family, Lockton's newest white paper, "Riskmas Vacation," outlines one aspect of this holiday that will not go wrong: their insurance coverage. While he may not be as surprised as he would be if we woke up with his head sewn to the carpet, Clark will be relieved to learn that the following scenarios can be covered with just the right insurance:
- Tree that's a little full, with a lot of sap: Inland Marine (Cargo) coverage would help ensure safe transfer of the oversized pine that after all isn't going in the yard; it's going in the living room.
- Cigar-lighting uncle: While Property coverage cannot prevent a wayward stogie from making its way into a dry tree, it can cover the loss of the tree, as well as any gifts below that may be destroyed.
- Toxic mess from "that there" RV: If a freeloading cousin intentionally empties his RV's waste tank into the sewer, then Clark has no recourse. However, a Pollution policy would provide coverage if the RV accidentally leaked the toxic slop on the way to the Griswold's house.
- Rodents leaping from a tree: Inland Marine (Fine Arts) coverage would help ensure that the Griswold's fine china and other valuables would be recovered should a squirrel and dog decide to run rampant in the house.
- Christmas light mishaps: General Liability coverage can protect Clark from having to pay property claims for neighbors' windows, stereos or carpet that may be ruined due to any unfortunate "ice javelin" accidents.
- Potential slanderous rant against your boss: General Liability/Personal & Advertising Injury coverage would help protect Clark from his epic tirades, especially toward his boss after receiving a less-than-favorable bonus, even if it is the gift that keeps on giving throughout the whole year.
A complete breakdown of the coverages associated with the entertaining escapades of the Griswolds and their extended family are located at: http://bit.ly/LocktonRiskmasVacation.
More than 5,300 professionals at Lockton provide 41,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, and employee benefits consulting services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 10th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates has awarded Lockton its Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For six consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton's experts, check Lockton Market Update.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/risk-elves-from-lockton-analyze-a-full-blown-four-alarm-holiday-emergency-300011373.html