Hotel's Royal Suite Inaugurated by Their Serene Highnesses Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco
MONTREAL, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - The Ritz-Carlton Montreal hosted an elegant gala Friday night to celebrate the hotel's 100th anniversary, which was attended by many illustrious local and international guests.
- The luxurious Royal Suite was inaugurated by Their Serene Highnesses Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco, and renamed the "Grimaldi Suite"
- Other notable guests who attended the evening included The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney and Mila Mulroney, Galen Weston Sr. and The Honourable Hilary Weston, Me Jean-Claude Bachand, the Saputo Family, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Segal, Lise Watier, Javier San Juan and Constanza San Juan, Joey Adler, Paul Henderson, Alexandre Bilodeau, P.K. Subban, Mitsou Gélinas, Zaib Shaikh, and Mark Belford
- The Cirque du Soleil acrobatic troupe greeted and entertained guests as they arrived, and later put on a spectacular performance in the hotel's Palm Court
- Master of Ceremonies Ben Mulroney was the perfect host throughout dinner, held in the hotel's historic Oval Room
- The menu, prepared by Daniel Boulud, included Lobster Salad, Duo de Boeuf expertly paired with Poggio Antico Brunello di Montalcino wine, Coulant au Chocolat Caramel, and artisanal Quebec cheeses. Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut rosé champagne served in flute glasses ended the dinner on a high note
- Stirring musical performances by jazz sensation Nikki Yanofsky and The Tenors brought a special touch to the soirée
- An after-party like no other took place at the hotel's brand-new rooftop pool, where stunning views of Montreal's midnight skyline and an electric harpist enthralled guests into the early hours
PHOTOS from the Ritz-Carlton Montreal's 100th Anniversary Gala
VIDEO of the Ritz-Carlton Montreal through the years
About the Ritz-Carlton Montreal
The Ritz-Carlton Montreal is the most prestigious address in Montreal, with 129 entirely redesigned guestrooms and suites, as well as 45 new luxury residences. The hotel's restaurant, Maison Boulud, is operated by the Ritz-Carlton Montreal in collaboration with Chef Daniel Boulud and his restaurant management company, The Dinex Group. It was designed by Super Potato, one of the world's most highly reputed restaurant design firms.
Inaugurated in 1912, the Ritz-Carlton Montreal is the first hotel in the world to combine the Ritz and Carlton designations. It is located in the heart of the Golden Square Mile, home to Montreal's elite in the early twentieth century. A symbol of refinement and elegance, the hotel has welcomed some of the world's best-known heads of state, artists and business magnates. Several of the 20th century's leading figures have stayed there, including the Queen Mother, Winston Churchill, Charles de Gaulle, Richard Nixon, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Brian Mulroney, George Bush Sr., as well as Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, who celebrated their first wedding at the hotel.
The Residences at the Ritz-Carlton Montreal
The Ritz-Carlton Montreal also features 45 new Ritz-Carlton Residences, representing the pinnacle of residential luxury combined with the use of all the amenities and services of the finest hotel in the city including concierge service, fine dining, fitness centre, pool and spa. The endorsement by the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company LLC for these residences - the only branded residences in Montreal - will be the certificate for the caliber and quality of these residential diamonds. "By attracting prestigious clients from both home and abroad, these residences will further raise the Ritz-Carlton's and Montreal's profile as leading destinations," said Mr. Torriani.
SOURCE RITZ-CARLTON MONTREAL