MADISON, Wis., May 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- RMT, Inc. (RMT), an industry-leading EPC firm specializing in the design and construction of clean energy facilities, has recently been selected to design and build ten new wind power projects totaling approximately 1,100 MW and eight utility-scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects totaling 55 MWdc during 2011. These projects bring RMT's total renewable energy portfolio to over 4,900 MW.
RMT has been designing and building wind energy facilities since 1996. The company's 250-person construction crew is backed by in-house engineering and site development professionals. This integrated network allows RMT to self-perform siting, permitting, engineering, and construction services on utility-scale wind and solar energy projects.
"RMT is focused on building clean energy," explained RMT President Steve Johannsen. "It's what we do. Our construction, procurement, and engineering staff work seamlessly to help our clients build better, more reliable renewable energy facilities. I am proud that this teaming approach and our commitment to the renewable energy industry are allowing RMT to grow our business, while providing quality service to our clients."
RMT's 2011 wind power construction projects include the following:
- Granite Reliable – Brookfield Renewable Power and Freshet Wind Energy, 99 MW, Coos County, New Hampshire
- Kingman – Western Wind, 10 MW, Mohave County, Arizona
- Milford II – First Wind, 102 MW, Milford, Utah
- Post Rock – Wind Capital Group, 201 MW, Lincoln and Ellsworth Counties, Kansas
- Sheffield – First Wind, 40 MW, Sheffield, Vermont
- Windstar – Western Wind, 120 MW, Tehachapi, California
- Four additional projects totaling approximately 470 MW for confidential clients in Hawaii, Indiana, Utah and Pennsylvania
RMT will be exhibiting (Booth #3483) at the AWEA WINDPOWER 2011 Conference & Exhibition May 22-25, 2011, in Anaheim, California.
RMT creates energy and environmental solutions that balance our clients' business and sustainability goals. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, the company has 600+ employees. RMT has provided construction, engineering, design, and development services for 3,800+ MW of renewable energy. RMT is a unit of Alliant Energy Corporation (NYSE: LNT), an energy holding company. Visit www.rmtinc.com.
For more information, contact:
Director, Marketing & Communications
SOURCE RMT, Inc.