EDEN, Utah, Jan. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Data Mining LLC (http://www.gdmllc.com), the leading provider of database management and customs classification systems, today announced that Robert Bosch North America has selected Global Data Mining's Global Trade Desktop(TM) for classification and trade data management. Working in conjunction with Bosch's SAP GTS application, the Global Trade Desktop(TM) will help Bosch reduce costs, increase supply chain speed and effectively manage classification functions for its operations throughout North America.
"Large companies need an intelligent approach to trade data management," said Karl Riedl, director of International Trade Regulations at Robert Bosch. "The Global Trade Desktop(TM) centralizes and organizes our classification data and seamlessly interacts with our SAP GTS system, reducing manual work and keying errors. This classification tool helps global organizations maintain compliance with the flexibility of a spreadsheet, the sophistication of an enterprise resource planning (ERP) application and the low total cost of ownership (TCO) of a web-based service."
The Global Trade Desktop(TM) is designed so approved classification data can be easily formatted for use with any GTM applications, Importer Security Filing (10+2) applications, Product Life cycle Management applications, Transportation Management Systems, ERP systems or any other application that may need accurate customs and classification data.
The Global Trade Desktop(TM) directly addresses a major challenge facing every global organization today: building and maintaining large classification databases with classification responsibility for multiple countries and for multiple business units around the world. The Global Trade Desktop(TM) maintains company-specific trade data with HS classifications assigned to each item, for every country, with supportive rulings and other documentation stored with the item in a single, universally accessible database. A company's critical customs data is easily stored, maintained and updated as information - like tariffs - changes for different countries at different times around the world.
Global Trade Desktop Highlights:
- Working in support of GTM applications, The Global Trade Desktop(TM) becomes the enterprise-wide system of record or the "single version of the truth" for classification and customs information about every item a company moves across every international border.
- The Global Trade Desktop(TM) is a unique, web-enabled SQL database customized to meet each company's specific data requirements.
- The Global Trade Desktop(TM) is protected by the same rigorous encryption protocols for data transmission and security as online banking and other secure websites.
- Designed using the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, the Global Trade Desktop(TM) automatically updates users with the latest best-practice enhancements installed since their previous login.
- Every entity using the Global Trade Desktop(TM) can easily integrate classification data with any computer application and with any business unit around the world.
- The Global Trade Desktop(TM) manages worldwide staff from one central location.
- The system is web-based and hosted on Global Data Mining's servers behind a secure firewall to assure timely updates of functionality and to incorporate the global trade content used to make the system more powerful.
- Register for a free webinar on the Global Trade Desktop(TM) January 14, please visit https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/638523768
- Global Data Mining Web site: http://www.gdmllc.com
- Robert Bosch Web site: http://www.bosch.com
About Global Data Mining
Global Data Mining and its sister company CUSTOMS Info provide enterprise solutions to help businesses optimize global trade management (GTM) systems and streamline global trade automation. Global Data Mining helps multinational companies optimize business processes and turn unorganized data into corporate assets managers and executives use to improve performance, save money and accelerate the international supply chain. CUSTOMS Info provides the world's most comprehensive trade data repository delivered via web-based subscription or as data to populate any GTM or Landed Cost application.
Working in conjunction with GTM applications, Global Data Mining and CUSTOMS Info's strategic partners include SAP, Oracle, MIC, Kewill, Arigo, Qwestaweb and others.
Bertelli Group for Global Data Mining
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Global Data Mining LLC