LONDON, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The robotics market is undergoing a major transformation, in which robots are growing beyond being the workhorses of industrial shop floors, and beginning to assume the roles of personal assistants, delivery vehicles, surgical assistants, exoskeletons, autonomous vehicles, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), among many others. Until now, industrial robots have made up more than 50% of overall robotics market revenue, however 2016 marks one of the critical turning points of this shift in the robotics market, as Tractica estimates that industrial robots will drop to 41% of total robotics revenue, with the remaining 59% coming from non-industrial robots. The non-industrial sector largely consists of consumer robots, enterprise robots, military robots, and UAVs.
Industrial robots should not be counted out, especially given China's aggressive push toward factory automation. However, Tractica forecasts a much larger growth opportunity over the next several years for non-industrial robots. The enterprise robotics sector includes robots for agriculture, construction, logistics, telepresence, and customer service, all of which are dynamic application markets where significant growth is expected. Another key growth area is the consumer robotics sector, which includes toy and educational robots, personal assistant robots, and household cleaning robots. However, the largest robotics category is autonomous vehicles, which in the long run is anticipated to overshadow all other sectors in terms of scale and impact. Autonomous vehicles are likely to take multiple routes to market, including autopilot features in luxury cars, autonomous car sharing fleets, autonomous retrofit kits, and autonomous trucks and shuttles. Other application markets such as healthcare robotics, military robotics, and UAVs will also contribute significantly to the growth in non-industrial robots.
This Tractica report includes global market sizing, segmentation, and forecasts for the robotics industry within 23 distinct application markets in the consumer, enterprise, industrial, and military domains. Unit shipments and revenue forecasts are included for each application market, segmented by world region. The report also includes technology attach rates for machine vision, voice and speech recognition, gesture recognition, and tactile sensors, plus connectivity technologies for consumer robots. The forecast period for this report extends from 2016 through 2021.
Key Questions Addressed:
What will be the key drivers of robotics market growth between 2016 and 2021?
How do declining prices for industrial and non-industrial robots impact their revenue potential in the future?
How does demand vary among world regions for both industrial and non-industrial robots?
What will be the attach rates of technologies such as machine vision, voice and speech recognition, gesture control, and tactile sensors for each application market?
What are the product rollout and adoption timelines for the newer robot categories such as logistics robots, customer service robots, exoskeletons, UAVs, and autonomous vehicles?
Who Needs This Report?
Semiconductor and component suppliers
Software and application developers
Enterprise and industrial robotics end-user organizations
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4097031/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/robotics-market-forecasts-300320189.html