ATLANTA, July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) launched its presence at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) 2015 Clinical Lab Expo today by introducing several next-generation diagnostic testing platforms and a unique educational initiative that demonstrates how Roche is partnering with customers to redefine the value of the laboratory.
The new LabLeaders initiative (www.LabLeaders.com) was created to empower laboratories and the people within them through insight from industry innovators. The website hosts original, exclusive content developed by progressive thought leaders who work as CEOs, physicians, lab directors, informatics experts, financial officers and strategic advisors. LabLeaders.com nationwide events deliver the content and workshops live, allowing participants to gain access to industry experts and their peers to share best practices.
"Our lab customers tell us that they're looking for resources to help them maximize the value they deliver to clinicians, patients and other stakeholders," said Jack Phillips, president and CEO of Roche Diagnostics Corporation. "We're highlighting the LabLeaders initiative and several new diagnostics platforms at this year's Clinical Lab Expo to demonstrate how we can work together to achieve our shared goals."
In its booth (#1907), Roche is exhibiting a variety of in vitro diagnostics solutions designed to enhance testing efficiency and provide reliable clinical information in central labs and various point-of-care settings. Specific product areas include clinical chemistry and immunoassay testing, molecular diagnostics, lab automation, H&E staining, point-of-care testing, and information technology. The booth also includes a "Futures" area that offers a glimpse into pipeline diagnostics products that have not been submitted for FDA approval and are not yet available for sale in the U.S.
The Roche booth is also home to the LabLeaders.com Theater, where Expo attendees can hear brief updates throughout the day from experts about significant industry topics ranging from clinical decision making in the ED and increasing patient satisfaction to lab standardization, automation, lab intelligence and sustaining LEAN operations.
In addition, Roche is continuing its commitment to discussing critical industry issues by sponsoring five workshops in conjunction with the AACC 2015 annual meeting:
- Continuing the Conversation: Consulting in a Clinical Setting
- Clinical Decision Making in the ED During Influenza Season; Can Test Results Influence Practice and the Role of the cobas® Liat Influenza A/B Assay?
- Transitioning Your Institution to Next Gen Troponin T
- NT-proBNP in Latest Heart Failure Treatment
- Improving Patient Care with Molecular Testing: Current and Future Impacts
An overview of the booth, as well as a schedule of the LabLeaders.com Theater presentations and times and locations of Roche-sponsored events, can be found at www.aacc.roche.com.
New products featured in the Roche booth this year include:
- VENTANA HE 600 system*—a fully automated H&E staining solution with individual slide staining technology to virtually eliminate the risk of tissue cross contamination. The system is designed with lean methodology with minimum touch points and an intuitive operating system to help improve workflow.
- cobas® 6800 system**—a fully automated solution for donor screening and clinical molecular testing, designed to deliver fully integrated automation and throughput with shorter time to results, providing greater flexibility to increase workflow efficiencies.
- cobas® Liat System—a compact, innovative real-time PCR platform designed for on-demand STAT testing with results in 20 minutes or less, enabling confidence in rapid patient management at the point of care or in the laboratory.
- CoaguChek® XS mPOC Kit—a mobile solution designed to work seamlessly with the CoaguChek XS meter to allow patient self-testers to wirelessly transmit PT/INR test results from their meter at home directly to CoaguChek Patient Services and their healthcare provider.
*Product is in development and not commercially available. ** 510(k) pending. Not available in U.S.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neuroscience. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Roche's personalised healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostics that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. Founded in 1896, Roche has been making important contributions to global health for more than a century. Twenty-eight medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and chemotherapy.
In 2014, the Roche Group employed 88,500 people worldwide, invested 8.9 billion Swiss francs in R&D and posted sales of 47.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit www.roche.com or www.usdiagnostics.roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
(317) 521-3966 or (317) 361-7637
SOURCE Roche Diagnostics