PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 17, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. today announced that more than $269,000 in grants has been awarded to local non-profit organizations throughout 2010. These grants provided support to programs aimed at improving the health and well-being of children throughout the Greater Philadelphia Region.
"As the need for charitable giving continues to grow, Ronald McDonald House Charities is committed to the communities we serve more than ever," said John Durante, president of RMHC of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. and McDonald's Owner/Operator. "We're honored to support local charities in their efforts to better the lives of children in our region."
The organizations that received support from RMHC of the Philadelphia Region in 2010 include:
- Abington Memorial Hospital; Abington, Pa.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA; Philadelphia
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Philadelphia
- Community Health Care, Inc.; Bridgeton, N.J.
- Delaware Futures, Inc.; Wilmington, Del.
- Gloucester County Special Services School District; Sewell, N.J.
- Haverford Twp. Civic Council; Havertown, Pa.
- Maternity Care Coalition; Philadelphia
- Miracle League of Northampton Township Pennsylvania; Richboro, Pa.
- Operation Warm; Chadds Ford, Pa.
- Philadelphia Children's Alliance; Philadelphia
- Quest Therapeutic Services; West Chester, Pa.
- St. Mary Medical Center Foundation; Langhorne, Pa.
RMHC of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. grants hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to support local non-profit programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. In addition, RMHC supports four scholarship programs for high school seniors; the Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey and Delaware Ronald McDonald Houses; the St. Christopher's Foundation for Children Ronald McDonald Care Mobile; and 13 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in area hospitals. The charity receives its support from McDonald's Corporation, McDonald's Owner/Operators, corporate donors and McDonald's customers. For more information, visit www.rmhc.org.
To request an RMHC Grant application, please contact Shannon Wilson at (215) 790-4391 or email@example.com.
SOURCE Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region, Inc.