SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rounds, the world's only "communitainment" platform combining video chat and social apps into one fun real-time consumer experience, announced today the launch of nine new activities that will be added to its app by 2012. Users will now have even more options to connect with friends using the interactive app.
Rounds currently allows users to meet friends as well as new people in a cross-platform environment where they can communicate face to face by video chat, play real-time games, watch YouTube videos together, share pictures, listen to music, take photo booth snapshots and apply funny webcam effects in a safe and fun setting that simulates a real-world game room.
The new activities that are being added to the app include:
- Bubblins: A solo or multi-player game in which you match Bubblins to decrease your opponent's life while increasing your own.
- Charades: The online version of the classic game lets you act out a word or phrase as your opponent tries to guess who or what you are depicting.
- Faces iMake: Create your own crazy face using everyday objects in new and innovative ways.
- Gluey: Combine blobs of the same color and use special items to rack up points and best your opponent's score.
- Mad Pet: Race your skateboarding dog, do tricks and avoid holes along the way to accumulate more points than your friend's skateboarding canine.
- Space Purge: Save Planet Earth by destroying incoming asteroids and rogue satellites, and gain special power ups to score the most points before your three lives are up.
- Super Drift 3D: Pick your favorite car and favorite course and race against friends in a one of a kind 3D speed-racing game.
- Whack-a-Friend: Whack your friend while you Video Chat Rounds before they whack you.
- Wonder Putt: Mini-golf on steroids adventure throws cows, torpedoes, ski slopes and alien abductions your way as you try to shoot par.
"We are continuing to build out our platform and add more and more unique experiences for our users," said Rounds CEO and co-founder Dany Fishel. "Rounds users can expect to get hooked to these new activities like they have with our activities and games already on the site – and probably more so. As Rounds continues to grow, the offerings are only going to get better and more addicting than they already are. We're very excited about these nine new additions and can't wait to get going on our next projects."
These new activities were aided by the recent securement of an additional $3 million investment to expand Rounds' interactive "live hangout" platform combining real-time communication and rich applications for easy and fun face-to-face socializing online. The free service already boasts more than three million users from around the world and more than 650,000 daily Rounds sessions.
Rounds is the only "communitainment" platform in the world, combining video chat (communication) and social apps (entertainment) into one fun real-time consumer experience available across operating systems and devices. Rounds users enjoy the closest experience to actually hanging out in the real world. The company was founded in 2008 and has raised a total of $5.5 million in funding. The Rounds Video Chat Facebook Application can be added at http://apps.facebook.com/chatrounds. For more information, visit http://www.rounds.com or contact Natasha Shine-Zirkel at email@example.com.