YORK, Pa., Jan. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Rutter's donated $810,000 to Central Pennsylvania charities during 2016, raising the company's charitable giving total to over $6 million in the past decade and is a new annual giving record for Rutter's.
"This has been a huge year for Rutter's. We opened 6 new stores and we gave a record number of donations to various organizations in the communities we serve. We love financially supporting charities, and organizations that make a difference in the lives of children and customers throughout our region. We look forward to continuing to grow and give back to our communities for generations to come," said Scott Hartman, Rutter's CEO and President.
Some of the ways Rutter's gave in 2016:
- Children's Education Organizations Donations totaling $357,000. Includes:
- $100,000 to the York & Hanover YMCA and YWCA.
- $50,000 to the Crispus Attucks Neighborhood Partnership.
- Vista School received $47,000 to pay for an autistic child's tuition.
- JCC in York received $25,000 to help with pre-school scholarships.
- Lancaster County Career and Technology Center received $10,000 for program funding
- Creative Arts Organizations Donations totaling $224,000. Includes:
- Creative York received a $125,000 donation for an arts teaching room.
- Strand Capital received $20,000 to fund for the Performing Arts Summer Camp.
- DreamWrights Theatre received $50,000 to remodel the concession area.
- Belmont Theater received $14,500 to remodel their backstage facilities.
- Additional Organizations contributions totaled $107,000. Includes:
- Penn State THON received $22,500 towards Four Diamonds fundraising for Hershey Children's Hospital.
- Junior Achievement received $25,000 for JA Biztown.
- $10,000 Children's Home of York.
- Vote With Your Dollars - $75,000 total
- Leg Up Farm - $25,000
- York County Food Bank - $25,000
- Make-A-Wish Greater PA & WV - $25,000
- Random Acts of Kindness – Rutter's employees gave out $1,000 to 23 organizations of their choosing, including:
- Life Path Children's Ministries
- Salvation Army
- Veterans' Helping Hand
- York County SPCA
- Grand Opening Donations – Rutter's donated $21,000 during all 6 Grand Opening.
A full list of charities receiving support from Rutter's can be found at rutters.com/charities.
With roots dating back to 1747, Rutter's 270-year history makes it the oldest family owned food company in the United States. Rutter's is widely recognized as an industry leader in food service, innovative technology, and customer service. Rutter's has twice been recognized as the US Convenience Chain of the year and is the only US convenience store chain to be recognized by receiving the International Convenience Retailer of the Year award. Rutter's is currently guided by family leadership with Scott Hartman president and CEO, Todd Rutter as president of Rutter's Dairy, and Tim Rutter as president of M&G Realty.
Photo: 1st Row Left to Right – Veterans' Helping Hand, Rutter's Smoke Dehoff donated to York County SPCA, Rutter's Jere Matthews (left) donated to Red Lion Area Community Service
2nd Row Left to Right - Hospice & Community Care, Rutter's Tim Rutter (left) donated to Springettsbury Township Police, Rutter's Brian Roadamel (center) donated to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
3rd Row Left to Right – Rutter's Ryan Krebs and family (back row) donated to Life Path Children's Ministries, Rutter's Megan Waltemyer and daughter (center and right) donated to Salvation Army, Rutter's Brittany Fowler (center) donated to Children's Home of York, Rutter's Brian Ferry (left) donated to Shiloh American Legion Post #791 Veteran's Foundation, Rutter's Robert Perkins (center) donated to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, Rutter's Derek Gaskins (left) donated to Salvation Army.
Rutter's Farm Stores
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rutters-donates-810000-in-2016--a-new-rutters-charitable-giving-record-300387061.html