WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SAE International offers a free, virtual online event that explores global advancements in drivetrain technology – from the comfort and convenience of home or office – on Wednesday, Dec. 7.
In its second year, the SAE International Global Drivetrain Virtual Summit is the largest online conference developed specifically for those involved in the design and/or implementation of drivetrain technologies including axles, transmissions, and torque control devices for automotive, commercial, and off-highway vehicles. It not only examines the global advancements in drivetrain technology for the ground mobility industry but also addresses regional issues, benefits, and disadvantages on a global scale.
The Summit is hosted by The Lubrizol Corporation and runs from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (EST). Content for the Summit is reviewed and facilitated by SAE International.
By participating, registrants will be able to:
- Gather real-world advice by chatting live with industry experts.
- Learn about emerging technologies, trends, and issues surrounding drivetrains.
- Gain access to thought leaders in drivetrain technology at no cost and without travel.
- Visit the virtual "Resource Download Center" for valuable information including the latest white papers, demos, podcasts, product information, and technical presentations.
- Network with like-minded professionals in a virtual "Networking Lounge" for both group and private chats.
- Enter to win prizes by visiting exhibitor booths in the virtual "Exhibit Hall."
- Attend and submit questions to panelists at three thought-provoking "Theater Webcast Presentations" by industry leaders in the virtual "Theater."
The event will feature three theater Webcast presentations, including:
"Adjusting Drivetrain Design for EVs and Hybrids" – This presentation begins at 9 a.m. (EST) in the virtual theater.
"Conversation with the Experts: Understanding the Complexity of Environmental Performance" – This presentation begins at Noon (EST) in the virtual theater.
"CVT Visionaries: Innovation, Change & Case Studies" – This presentation beings at 3 p.m. (EST) in the virtual theater.
All presentations run for 50 minutes, followed by a 30-minute question and answers session with the audience.
For more information about the 2011 Global Drivetrain Virtual Summit, including detailed information on the theater presentations, visit http://www.sae.org/events/globvirt/.
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or email@example.com
SOURCE SAE International