WARRENDALE, Pa., March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SAE International will hold its 2011 Powertrain Electric Motors Symposium for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles on March 23, 2011, at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Ind.
Unlike other Hybrid and Powertrain events, this narrowly focused plenary symposium puts a greater emphasis on the global market developments in electric traction motors and the considerable impacts on the supply chain. This event provides a forum for the delivery on the latest technical innovations with real-world data from the innovators of the permanent magnet motor, induction motor, and the switch reluctant motor industry. The unique format of the symposium gives attendees a mix of presentations and panel discussions to provide a more interactive experience with leading experts in their field. Not only will you get a great technical perspective but you will hear these experts express their views in specialized panel discussions.
The Symposium will address the fact that the OEMs are starting their own design, development and manufacturing of e-motors and the considerable impact this will have on the supply chain. OEMs will need to start new supplier relationships for products which they have not purchased directly before.
Symposium topics will include:
- Global Market Developments in Electric Traction Motors
- Permanent-Magnet Motors, Induction Motors, Switch Reluctance Motors
- Mid and Long Term Cost Projections on Rare-Earth Metals
- Safety, Reliability, Warranty, Durability and Cooling
- E-Motor Manufacturing Processes and Quality
- The "Construction Kit" Approach for E-motor Production
- OEMs and Suppliers on Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chains
Panel discussions will include:
- Technical Issues – Featuring moderator: Wolfgang Bernhart, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants; and panelists – David A. Fulton, Remy Inc.; Chunting (Chris) Mi, Univ. of Michigan-Dearborn;
- OEMs and Suppliers: Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chains – Featuring moderator: Wolfgang Bernhart, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants; and panelists: Peter Savagian, General Motors; Michael Jaeger, Robert Bosch GmbH; Michael Valentine-Urbschat, Siemens AG; and Patrick Wilson, Parker Hannifin Corp.
For more information about the SAE International 2011 Powertrain Electric Motors Symposium for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, visit www.sae.org/emotor; to request a press pass, call 724-772-8522 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or email@example.com
SOURCE SAE International