WARRENDALE, Pa., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- SAE International named 26 mobility engineering professionals as winners of the 2010 Forest R. McFarland Award.
The Forest R. McFarland award recognizes individuals for outstanding contributions to the SAE Engineering Meetings Board and the development and dissemination of information through technical meetings, conferences, and professional development programs, or for contributions in facilitating or enhancing the interchange of technical information.
Established in 1979, the award honors the late Forest R. McFarland, who was an outstanding session organizer, a chairman of the Passenger Car Activity Committee and a member of the Engineering Meetings Board. Funding for this award is through a bequest by McFarland to SAE and consists of a framed certificate presented at the SAE World Congress or other appropriate SAE event.
2010 award winners include:
- Ramesh K. Agarwal, William Palm Professor of Engineering, Washington University
- Willem Anemaat, president and co-founder, DARcorporation
- Bill Atwell, technical fellow, Boeing's Space Exploration Division
- R. Matthew Brach, PhD, PE, engineer, Brach Engineering, LLC
- Raymond M. Brach, professor emeritus, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Kevin F. Brown, marketing and regulatory affairs manager, Engine Control Systems
- Louis J. Brown Jr., associate with Booz Allen Hamilton
- Debi L. Cohoon, former manager of the Technical Education Program, General Motors
- Matthew J. Hall, mechanical engineering professor, University of Texas
- Raj Mohan Iyengar, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Tze Chi Jao, former research and development fellow, Afton Chemical Corporation
- Ming-Chia Daniel Lai, mechanical engineering professor, Wayne State University
- R. Randy Maynard, marketing development specialist with EMS-GRIVORY America
- Ishaque S. Mehdi, former chief engineer, The Boeing Company
- Richard E. "Rusty" Miller Jr., mechanical engineer, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health's Office of Mining Safety and Health Research
- Jeffrey D. Naber, associate professor of mechanical engineering, Michigan Technological University
- Jeffery T. Farmer, technical assistant and aerospace engineer, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Jeffrey D. Morgan, senior principal engineer, The Boeing Company
- Ren-Jye Yang, senior technical leader, Ford Motor's Research & Advanced Engineering
- Mark Riefe, senior project engineer, General Motors
- Michael J. Royce, consultant, Albion Associates
- Michael L. Santella, senior research and development staff member, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Vesna Savic, senior project engineer, General Motors
- Donald Siegla, retired former researcher on future engines, General Motors
- James E. Smith, Professor and Director of Center for Industrial Research Applications, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, West Virginia University PhD, and outgoing 2009 SAE International President and Chairman of the Board
- Robert M. Wagner, distinguished member of the research staff, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
For more information about any of the recipients, or to learn more about the SAE International Forest R. McFarland Award, e-mail email@example.com .
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International