FOXBORO, Mass., Sept. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) and one of the world's leading juvenile products manufacturers, today introduced its latest lightweight stroller, Safety 1st RIVA Flex – a 6-in-1 travel system manufactured with recycled materials in Columbus, Indiana. The car seat and stroller combo is available only at Target stores and on Target.com this month, with a wider rollout to additional major retailers nationwide.
RIVA Flex is an eco-friendly, lightweight option that offers parents everything they need for a smooth ride with baby, while reducing their impact on the environment, both today and in the future. On the journey towards sustainability, Safety 1st designed the American-made innovation, which uses recycled plastics including its own recycled car seats, to be lightweight and durable to grow with baby, eliminating the need for multiple purchases and reducing landfill waste.
"We are committed to providing high-quality products that enable parents to feel good about what they buy, without paying more," said Paul Powers, CEO and President at Dorel Juvenile USA. "With Target as a partner, our RIVA Flex Travel System not only offers innovation with multiple modes, durability and safety, but also brings to market an affordable and sustainable travel system that helps our company build a better future for all families."
RIVA Flex Travel System Features
Developed for today's on-the-go families, the RIVA Flex Travel System is a multi-mode stroller made with special features for both baby and parents.
- 6-in-1 Travel System: featuring six modes of flexibility, including forward- and parent-facing in the car seat, stroller and lie-flat carriage, RIVA Flex Travel system comes complete with the pediatrician-designed Safety 1st onBoard™ 35 FLX infant car seat and stay-in-car base for children four to 35 pounds.
- Sustainable Design, Made Here at Home: committed to providing affordable, quality-made products, the Safety 1st RIVA Flex Travel System is the first recycled stroller made in the U.S.A. with American and imported materials, including recycled Safety 1st car seats.
- Smooth Recline for Downtime™: parents will never need to disturb baby with this innovative feature that allows for a quick and easy transition from riding stroller to a flat recline in carriage mode.
- Lightweight and Easy to Fold: RIVA Flex is one of the lightest travel system strollers in its class, featuring a one-hand, self-standing lift-to-fold function.
- Machine Washable, Zip-Off Fabrics: making clean-up easy for parents, RIVA Flex travel system offers zip-off, easy-to-clean machine washable fabrics for both the stroller and car seat.
- Sun Protection and Storage: the travel system includes multi-position extended SPF 30 sun canopy, flip-flop friendly brakes, a large storage basket and two dual-use parent cup holders, which are top-rack dishwasher safe.
"For our customers, safety, style and value are the top priority when selecting baby gear for their little one," said Sylvia Fulton, Senior Divisional Merchandising – Target Baby, Target. "With the Safety 1st RIVA Flex Lightweight Travel System, we are excited to offer an affordable, quality option made with recycled materials that meets the high standards of our brand and our guests."
Established as the brand leader in child safety 30 years ago with its little yellow BABY ON BOARD® sign and the first true collection of home safety products, Safety 1st continues to invest in its zero-landfill factory in Columbus, Indiana, where the RIVA Flex Travel System is manufactured and assembled with American and imported parts.
About Dorel Juvenile
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile's powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Maxi-Cosi, Quinny and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Safety 1st, Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide.
SOURCE Dorel Juvenile