LOS ANGELES, Nov. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Velocify, the market leader in cloud-based intelligent sales automation software, today released a new eBook of sales industry predictions for 2015 from 20 top sales experts and authors. According to the experts surveyed, sales organizations will drive higher productivity and conversion rates by embracing social selling and adopting new sales acceleration and sales process technologies.
In addition to the technology predictions, sales experts forecasted 2015 would be the year when companies realign their business models to be more customer-centric. Sales messaging will become increasingly customized and sales reps will be more in-tune with customer needs to deliver the best-fitting solution. Finally, sales teams will begin to leverage data analytics on a deeper level to identify appropriate leads, time outreach, pick the right engagement channels and more.
Snapshot of 2015 trends predictions:
- Data-driven, socially educated and empowered sales teams: According to Koka Sexton, leader of the LinkedIn #SocialSelling Movement, "2015 is going to be the year that sales and marketing finally get on the same train. We will see a connected workforce unlike we have ever experienced, with employees becoming brand advocates. Social Selling will no longer be thought of as an interesting tactic but this year will bring on a new methodology for sales teams." Koka went on to make a bold prediction for 2015 saying "a data-driven, socially educated and empowered sales team will drive awareness and build pipeline at a large scale."
- The year of learning agility: Jill Konrath, author of Agile Selling, SNAP Selling and Selling to Big Companies, suggests "with constant change as the new norm, learning agility emerges as the crucial skill. Forward-thinking sales organizations will recognize its importance in on-boarding new hires, shortening the path to proficiency, adapting to changing conditions, launching new products/services and overall sales force productivity." Jill predicts that "those sales organizations that embrace this trend early on will dominate their marketplace."
- A mindset shift from selling to serving: Jill Rowley, founder of #SocialSelling, predicts, "Sales professionals need to move from using LinkedIn as their online resume to managing their digital reputation. Instead of optimizing for the recruiter, optimize for the buyer." Jill talks about the ABC's of selling – Always Be Connecting – and recommends that "sales professionals read what their buyers read and share that content across their social networks. Social Selling is about finding and being found. The mindset will shift from selling to serving."
- Making your sales dream team a reality: Craig Rosenberg, co-founder and chief analyst at TOPO, said, "2015 will be the year of the highly-optimized, process-driven sales force. For the last five years, sales leaders have been trying to make their teams as productive as possible. 2015 will be the culmination of all that: using a wide technology platform, focusing on enablement and creating that dream sales team everyone has been working on. In 2015 that dream becomes a reality."
- The year that sales acceleration technology goes mainstream: According to Velocify President and CEO Nick Hedges, "2015 is the year that sales acceleration technology crosses a chasm. It used to be that only technology companies and B2C companies embraced sales acceleration technology to build inside sales teams really quickly and successfully. What I'm seeing more of is services companies, manufacturing companies, industrial companies, and other B2B companies adopting this trend. This is the year sales acceleration technology becomes mainstream."
For complete insights on the forecasted sales industry landscape for 2015, check out Velocify's 2015 Sales Industry Predictions eBook.
Velocify is a market-leading provider of cloud-based intelligent sales software, designed for high-velocity sales environments. Velocify helps sales teams keep pace with the speed of opportunity and increase revenue by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights. The company has helped more than 1,500 companies across a variety of industries improve customer acquisition practices and sales performance. Velocify was recently recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by Deloitte and a Best Place to Work by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sales-experts-forecast-major-adoption-of-social-selling-sales-process-sales-acceleration-technology-in-2015-300000877.html