SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- DREAMFORCE 2018 -- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS),an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ:AMZN), and Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the global leader in CRM, today expanded their global strategic alliance announcing new product integrations that will dramatically simplify how customers can securely share and synchronize data across AWS and Salesforce services.The new capabilities will demonstrate the companies' continued investment in delivering deeper levels of integration between AWS and the Salesforce Lightning Platform.
As part of the next phase of their global strategic alliance, AWS and Salesforce will deliver the following integrations and a highly secure, trusted framework for connecting the Salesforce Platform with AWS PrivateLink and Amazon Connect:
- AWS PrivateLink integration with Salesforce APIs: AWS PrivateLink will allow SaaS application developers who build on AWS to offer private endpoints as an additional option for accessing their service. This integration will provide endpoints for core Salesforce APIs within the developers' Amazon VPCs and vice versa. Exposure to Internet threats is reduced by using a dedicated AWS network connection, which privately routes all traffic flowing between Salesforce and AWS services on a dedicated Amazon network connection rather than the public Internet. Customers will be able to use their PrivateLink-enabled Salesforce endpoints to do more with their customer data, from big data analytics to machine learning, making it significantly easier to unlock customer insights than what is currently possible with custom, one-off integration points.
- AWS integration with Salesforce Platform Events: Building intelligent, connected customer experiences requires complex synchronization of data between systems. Customers are increasingly building event-driven architectures that trigger processes in AWS based on data changes in Salesforce, and vice versa. As part of this announcement AWS and Salesforce will collaborate on a new solution that will enable mutual customers to publish and subscribe to Salesforce Platform Events in AWS with unprecedented ease. Events in Salesforce, such as the creation of a sales opportunity, can then easily trigger actions in AWS Lambda and other AWS products. Once processing is complete, results will publish back to Salesforce as Platform Events. For example, enterprises who are managing fleets of connected devices on AWS would be able to leverage usage data to alert sales, service, and marketing teams who are using Salesforce so they can proactively resolve customer incidents, generate sales leads, and cross-sell new services. AWS integration with Salesforce Platform Events will be available in 2019.
- Integration with Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud: Today, companies can leverage Amazon Connect, a self-service, cloud-based contact center service, together with Salesforce Service Cloud to deliver capabilities that support customer workflows between three of the most critical contact center technologies — interactive voice response (IVR), automatic call distributor (ACD), and CRM. Expanding on this integration, Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud will enable customers to build highly dynamic, AI-driven, self-service voice experiences with a Lightning-integrated agent and customer community. This may include prebuilt data and omni-channel integration, support for bots, and artificial intelligence (AI) built with Amazon Lex and Salesforce Einstein. Amazon Connect for Salesforce Service Cloud is now available and mutual customers can install the Amazon Connect CTI Adapter on the AppExchange.
Salesforce today runs the vast majority of their public cloud workloads on AWS. Salesforce is now live on AWS in Australia and Canada, and customers can access the Salesforce Customer Success Platform on the AWS Canada (Central) Region and AWS Asia Pacific (Sydney) Region, Salesforce's first international infrastructure expansions supported with AWS cloud services. With strong customer momentum across both countries, Salesforce is set to further accelerate its growth in both countries with new locally-based instances as an option for its core services.In addition, many Salesforce services, including Heroku, Quip and Marketing Cloud Social Studio, also run on AWS infrastructure.
"Salesforce's growing strategic relationship with AWS is fueled by a shared commitment to customer success," said Bret Taylor, President and Chief Product Officer, Salesforce. "Our newest integrations will empower CIOs to securely share and synchronize data across two of the world's most trusted cloud platforms to accelerate their digital transformation."
"Because of the deep relationship between AWS and Salesforce – Salesforce runs the vast majority of their public cloud workloads in AWS, and Amazon relies upon Salesforce across various businesses to enhance customer relationships - we have a unique ability to integrate our services and provide customers with enhanced solutions," said Matt Garman, Vice President, AWS Compute Services. "These new integrations will enable companies to leverage the full power of both platforms, driving innovation and building intelligent, connected customer experiences."
Intuit Inc. is a business and financial software company that develops and sells financial, accounting, and tax preparation software and related services for small businesses, accountants, and individuals. "With the seamless integration between Amazon Connect and Salesforce, we're unleashing the power of technology to customize the agent experience through data," said Loren Lacy, Group Product Manager, Customer Success and Sales Technology, Intuit Inc. "We're improving productivity and allowing them to focus on customers, not their tools, to provide the best possible customer experience."
Autodesk, a leading software developer for the architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, and entertainment industries relies extensively on Salesforce to manage their customer experience and account based selling and marketing. "The integration of Salesforce with cloud services from AWS helps us know our customers better. We are excited about new integrations that will empower our teams who interact with customers with the information they need, when they need it", says Tzvetana Duffy, Director of Data and Automation at Autodesk."
- Learn more about the Amazon and Salesforce partnership: http://salesforce.com/aws
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/aws
- Follow AWS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amazonwebservices/
- Follow @awscloud on Twitter: https://twitter.com/awscloud
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Dreamforce 2018 is four days of innovation, inspiration & learning, equality, giving back and fun for the Salesforce Community. More than 170,000 Trailblazers from around the globe are registered to attend, and more than 10 million viewers will join online for the sold out event. Dreamforce will feature 2,700+ sessions to help every role in every industry succeed along with opportunities to get hands-on Salesforce's latest product innovations. Every year the world's most innovative minds come to Dreamforce to inspire, excite and motivate attendees. To learn more, please visit: https://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
About Amazon Web Services
For over 12 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 125 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 55 Availability Zones (AZs) within 18 geographic regions and one Local Region around the world, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.