SAN JOSE, Calif., June 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- CLOUDFORCE 2010 -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced the general availability of Salesforce Chatter globally for more than 77,300 customers. Chatter, the industry's first cloud-based enterprise social collaboration application and platform, unleashes the social enterprise and a new way to work for people around the world. In addition, Chatter's arrival creates a new economy and opportunity for partners and developers to realize commercial success with Cloud 2 apps. Salesforce.com also announced today a new Chatter license for customers to extend the enterprise social network company-wide.
Salesforce Chatter is a Cloud 2 app, which is social, mobile and real time that employees can use for collaboration across their company. Leveraging the social features popularized by Facebook, Google and Twitter, like profiles, status updates and real-time feeds, Chatter empowers enterprises with a new level of productivity only possible in the cloud. Chatter's s social collaboration technology enables enterprises to collaborate around more than just documents, employees can also follow people, business processes and application data.
Chatter was launched in private beta in February, 2010, to 100 companies with rave reviews and was ultimately expanded to more than 5,000 customers due to overwhelming demand. With Chatter, employees and teams get immediate insight into their company's programs, projects, people, customers, cases, documents and business data that is pushed to them, delivering new levels of social intelligence.
Comments on the News: Chatter 'Marks the Arrival of Cloud 2'
- "Salesforce Chatter is the most exciting thing I've worked on in my career," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "Delivering Chatter is a seminal moment and one that marks the arrival of Cloud 2."
- "Salesforce Chatter is nothing short of revolutionary for the enterprise," said Denis Pombriant, founder and managing principal, Beagle Research Group. "Salesforce Chatter creates an entirely new way to work for employees by opening up lines of communication and ad hoc coordination across every level of an organization. Enterprises can now realize new highs in productivity by harnessing the power of social collaboration."
- "We operate in a market where success depends on accurate, real-time information," said Katrina Bentley, director of CRM, BCD Travel. "Salesforce Chatter revolutionized how we operate and how executives stay on top of key deals, projects and clients in this dynamic environment. With Chatter, we were able to turn our custom apps into social enterprise apps that Chatter business data within minutes."
- "Farmers Insurance is one of the largest insurers in the US and we have multiple stakeholders all working on different aspects of our marketing strategies," said Mitch Varhula, marketing consultant, Farmers Insurance. "With Salesforce Chatter, the advertising department has increased collaboration across marketing initiatives and improved service levels to our internal customers of more than 14,000 agents. What's been most amazing about Chatter is how it leverages a secure platform with a trusted sharing model to enable continuous collaboration within the enterprise."
- "We're using Chatter at Seesmic to collaborate around business development," said Loic Le Meur, founder and CEO, Seesmic. "We are so addicted to the productivity and real-time insights we're getting from Chatter that we want it integrated to our Seesmic Desktop and other products which we are planning this year. Chatter is a game changer for managing your company."
Salesforce.com's 77,300 Customers Can Now Deploy Enterprise Social Collaboration with Cloud 2
Companies are making the shift to Cloud 2, the next generation of enterprise cloud computing which is social, mobile and real time. Cloud 2 started with consumer social networking sites like Facebook, Google and Twitter that people use everyday to be connected and collaborate around what matters most to them in their personal lives. Until Chatter, companies could not leverage Cloud 2 capabilities within their enterprise. Now, all of salesforce.com's more than 77,300 customers can harness the same immediacy and productivity of these consumer apps, coupled with the trust, security and scalability required by the enterprise, to realize tremendous success with enterprise social collaboration.
Ninety Percent of Beta Customers Would Recommend Salesforce Chatter
Within weeks of deployment, salesforce.com customers in the Chatter private beta reported tremendous productivity gains. Based on their experiences, 90 percent of participants surveyed indicated they would recommend Chatter to others. Specifically, these customers reported a 27 percent increase in collaboration and a 22 percent improvement in productivity with Chatter.
With Chatter, Salesforce.com Partners and Developers have a Path to the New Cloud 2 Economy
With the arrival of Chatter, an entirely new economy has emerged for partners and developers. Chatter - built on the trusted Force.com platform - provides partners and developers a path to innovate with social enterprise apps to realize commercial success in this new economy.
Over 1,300 salesforce.com partners and 250,000 Force.com developers can now become part of the social enterprise vanguard. The Chatter capabilities of the platform enable each one of the more than 160,000 custom Force.com applications to instantly become social, real time and accessible on mobile devices like the iPad and iPhone. Force.com developers can build collaboration apps by adding capabilities like status updates, profiles, and real-time feeds to their custom cloud apps.
Salesforce.com partners and developers are moving swiftly to take advantage of the burgeoning Cloud 2 economy. In April, salesforce.com launched the ChatterExchange to broaden the solutions customers can try and buy from the AppExchange to extend the benefits of cloud computing with social-enabled enterprise technologies. The partner and developer community has already responded to this new innovation opportunity and delivered more than 60 collaboration apps that are now listed on the ChatterExchange. The amazing innovation potential further demonstrates the Force.com platform's five times faster and half the cost advantage over .NET and other software platforms.
New Chatter License Unlocks Market Potential for Salesforce.com
Salesforce.com today unveiled a new Chatter license to extend the enterprise social network company wide. With the Chatter-only license, salesforce.com unlocks the market potential for the company's technologies to be used by every customer employee. The Chatter-only user license will empower employees with enterprise social collaboration features, including:
- Status Updates
- Real-Time Feeds
- Content and File-Sharing
- Read-only Access to Accounts and Contacts
- Limited Access to the Force.com Enterprise Cloud Computing Platform
Salesforce Chatter Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatter is now generally available and included for free with all paying user licenses of Salesforce CRM and Force.com.
- Chatter-only user licenses are available for customers using Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition or Unlimited Edition for $15 per user, per month.
- Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
- For salesforce.com customers, visit www.salesforce.com/chatter/getstarted for guides, FAQs and tutorials on how to turn on Chatter and use within the organization
- For Force.com developers, to learn more about building Cloud 2 apps and adding social capabilities to existing Force.com apps go to developer.force.com/chatter
- For prospective customers, get your free trial of Salesforce today at www.salesforce.com
- For ChatterExchange apps, please visit the AppExchange 2 at www.salesforce.com/appexchange2
- Become a fan of Chatter on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SalesforceChatter
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
- To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78?
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of April 30, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 77,300 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.