LONDON, May 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today demonstrated how its customer and partner momentum is impacting the UK economy. Research from IDC forecasts that "The Salesforce Economy" will drive more than 5.6 billion pounds of impact to the GDP and 50,000 new jobs by 2018.1 The announcements were made as Salesforce kicks off the London stop of its World Tour with more than 13,000 registered attendees and leading UK brands including Barclays, British Airways, BSkyB, John Lewis, Ocado, Sage and Vodafone. Tune in to watch the keynote live on 21 May at 10:00 a.m. BST.
Comments on the News:
- "As we heard on the earnings call yesterday, Europe is Salesforce's fastest growing region on a constant currency basis, and has delivered revenue of more than $1 billion over the last 12 months. On a revenue basis, Salesforce EMEA is larger than many global cloud companies," said Miguel Milano, president EMEA, Salesforce. "But this figure doesn't tell the whole story. The phenomenal economic impact created by the Salesforce ecosystem of customers, partners and developers is what's really important. Our ecosystem is creating jobs and is truly driving the new digital economy across Europe. Salesforce is delivering strong growth, creating a positive impact on the local economy and we continue to focus on giving back to the community."
- "Innovation has always been at the heart of our business. We were the first bank to offer a credit card and the first to offer an ATM to our customers," said Steve Weston, CEO, Barclays Mortgages. "This year Barclays celebrates its 325th anniversary and we are working with Salesforce to deliver digital innovation to the UK mortgage market."
- "John Lewis is well known for its customer service and commitment to delivering an outstanding shopping experience both in our stores and online," said Paul Coby, IT Director, John Lewis. "We have worked closely with Salesforce to drive our 'Retail Revolution' vision and ensure that we take advantage of the latest technology to deliver the best possible retail experience across every channel and on every type of device for every customer."
- "Our clients are increasingly seeking enterprise-grade Salesforce solutions in Europe and especially in the UK; as a result we've doubled our certified Salesforce practitioners during the past year," said Emma McGuigan, managing director, Accenture Technology, UK and Ireland. "Accenture will continue to work closely with Salesforce to develop innovative industry solutions that enable our UK clients to drive strong business results through increased collaboration and operational efficiencies as well as faster development of new products and services."
Salesforce Customers Leverage Customer Success Platform To Drive Growth Leading British brands including Ocado, RSPCA and TNT UK have all chosen Salesforce to successfully manage customer and partner relationships within their business, and are currently leveraging the power of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to connect with their customers in entirely new ways.
- Ocado: Ocado is the world's largest dedicated online grocery supermarket, and technology is at the heart of its business. The company recently implemented the Salesforce Service Cloud to deliver internal help desk solutions and uses the Salesforce1 Platform to develop internal applications to better manage customer processes.
- RSPCA: The RSPCA, the world's oldest and largest animal charity, has adopted the Salesforce1 Platform as its strategic platform of choice to help the organisation achieve its animal welfare goals through a 'cloud first' strategy. The Salesforce1 Platform will provide frontline animal welfare coordination, wildlife administration and fundraising management.
- TNT UK: TNT UK is one of the world's largest delivery companies, and works with Salesforce to optimise its delivery experience and services. With the Salesforce Service Cloud, TNT UK automatically channels service requests to the right experts, supporting a high level of customer service activity across its global customer base.
Salesforce Ecosystem Powering the New Digital Economy The Salesforce ecosystem of customers, partners and developers is thriving, and IDC forecasts it will drive more than £5.6 billion of incremental revenue and 50,000 jobs across the UK by 2018. In addition, every £1 a customer spends on Salesforce solutions generates £2-3 of revenue for Salesforce partners, including systems integrators, consultants, ISVs, OEMs and others.1
One of the key drivers of this growth is the Salesforce AppExchange—the world's leading enterprise apps marketplace. From expense management to ERP, the AppExchange is the world's largest ecosystem of cloud, social, mobile and data science enterprise apps with more than 2,700 apps available to test drive and deploy on any device. To date, more than three million AppExchange apps have been installed.
Innovative businesses in the UK that are building on the Salesforce1 Platform and distributing apps on the Salesforce AppExchange include:
- Anomaly 42: Anomaly 42 has grown more than 200 percent year on year by turning big data into smart data to prevent fraud and reduce risk for businesses throughout the UK and internationally. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Anomaly 42 enables the creation of partner products to identify new markets and revenue streams, reduce cost and reduce previously unidentified risk. These configured solutions and branded apps allow organisations to quickly support and action those decisions that matter most.
- Kimble: Kimble provides a Professional Services Automation solution built on the Salesforce1 Platform that tightly integrates with the Salesforce Sales Cloud. Kimble's customer base is increasing on average by 20 percent year-on-year, whilst Kimble grows its own revenues at an annual rate of 70 percent.
- Lumesse: Lumesse, a global leader in talent solutions, built TalentObjects by Lumesse on the Salesforce1 Platform to reimagine candidate and employee engagement as people-centric experiences that are mobile, social and collaborative. Lumesse provides talent solutions to more than 2,400 organisations in 70+ countries, helping their customers engage and nurture the best talent globally.
- NewVoiceMedia: NewVoiceMedia is a global provider of cloud customer contact technology supporting sales and service teams, all built on the Salesforce1 Platform. The vendor now serves more than 400 customers spanning 128 countries and six continents. It recently announced its international business has grown by 528 percent in its fiscal year 2015, and the company continues to expand its UK base.
- Sage: Sage and Salesforce have forged a strategic partnership that brings together the world's #1 small business accounting and payroll solution with the world's #1 CRM solution and enterprise cloud platform. Sage is building a new small business solution on the Salesforce1 Platform, which is optimized for mobile, social and cloud. With this partnership, small businesses will be able to run Sage's accounting, payroll and finance software from any device, anywhere, anytime.
Integrated Philanthropy at Salesforce World Tour London Supports CoderDojo Salesforce has a long history of giving technology, financial resources and employee time to nonprofits through its 1-1-1 model of integrated corporate philanthropy. Since the Salesforce Foundation's inception in 1999, Salesforce technology has powered more than 25,000 nonprofit and higher education institutions; the Foundation has provided more than $85 million in grants; and Salesforce employees have logged more than 920,000 volunteer hours globally.
In keeping with this model, the Salesforce Foundation today announced that it has given a $200,000 grant to CoderDojo to support the running of free volunteer-led coding clubs for children and young people. This donation will support 14 Dojos, each run by Salesforce "champions," and will establish 70 Salesforce Dojo certified employees as mentors. The Salesforce-supported Dojos will reach 420 youths with a 50/50 ratio of boys and girls in each session. Mary Moloney, Global CEO, CoderDojo, will speak during the main keynote to explain how CoderDojo is working with Salesforce to scale globally. In addition, CoderDojo will have a presence in the event's Developer Zone, where Dojo pupils will demonstrate their projects.
Salesforce World Tour London Salesforce World Tour London will host more than 13,000 registered attendees at ExCeL London. The event will bring together Salesforce experts, partners and customers to demonstrate how companies of all sizes and industries are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to connect with their customers in a whole new way. Through the keynote from Keith Block, president and vice chairman, Salesforce, and inspiring customer stories from marquee customers such as Barclays, British Airways, BSkyB, John Lewis, Ocado, Sage and Vodafone, attendees will learn how Salesforce empowers them to connect all of their apps, devices and customer data in today's cloud, social, mobile and data science world.
- Registration link: https://www.salesforce.com/uk/events/details/london/
- SalesforceLive!: https://www.salesforce.com/uk/live
- Watch how CoderDojo inspires youths to code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Vu3sIC3b4
- Watch how Barclays transformed their business with Salesforce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCRUhhikI0
Connect with Salesforce:
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce
- Read the Salesforce blog: http://blogs.salesforce.com/
About Salesforce Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit:www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2015 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Source: IDC, "The Economic Impact of Salesforce in the U.K.," May 2015