SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, today delivered Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the fastest path to unified commerce. Commerce Cloud, based on Salesforce's acquisition of Demandware, enables brands to provide personalized experiences for shoppers that span web, mobile, social and in-store. And now, as part of the world's #1 CRM platform, brands can deliver completely unified experiences for customers that extend beyond commerce to include marketing, customer service and more.
"The connected customer is transforming commerce, creating new opportunities for brands to transform the buying experience," said Jeff Barnett, CEO, Salesforce Commerce Cloud. "By bringing together the leader in enterprise cloud commerce with the world's #1 CRM, we're empowering brands to deliver personalized and unified customer experiences."
The Connected Customer Is Transforming Retail
While consumers will place more orders on phones than on any other device by the end of 20171, 90% of purchases are still made in stores.2 Today, the costly legacy systems that many brands and retailers use to power their commerce do not support the entire customer journey and lack the flexibility required to connect the variety of channels consumers use for shopping. To stay competitive in this quickly changing landscape, brands need a platform that allows them to engage directly with shoppers on any channel and deliver a personalized experience throughout the customer lifecycle.
Introducing Salesforce Commerce Cloud—Delivering a Unified Shopping Experience
Salesforce Commerce Cloud powers commerce operations across all points of sale, including web, social, mobile, in-store and more. The leading enterprise cloud commerce solution, it allows the world's top retail brands to continuously innovate in the complex, consumer-driven world.
And now, as part of the world's #1 CRM platform, Commerce Cloud is uniquely positioned to empower companies to deliver a consistent brand experience throughout the customer lifecycle. By leveraging Salesforce's leading sales, service, marketing, communities, analytics, IoT and platform solutions, brands and retailers can ensure every engagement, no matter the channel or device, is completely unified.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud continues to deliver new innovations today, including:
- Frictionless, One-Touch Checkout with Apple Pay: Salesforce Commerce Cloud is among the first commerce solutions to support Apple Pay for mobile web, allowing Commerce Cloud customers to offer shoppers the ability to easily make secure and private payments in Safari on iPhone, iPad and on the Mac. Merchants can quickly take advantage of Apple Pay's benefits with the option of enabling the feature through a quick and simple configuration. The seamless integration eliminates the extra steps in the checkout process, particularly in mobile, that has kept mobile conversion lower than conversion rates seen on desktop and laptop devices.
- Commerce Cloud Einstein: With Salesforce Einstein, artificial intelligence is now embedded in the Salesforce Platform, making Salesforce the world's smartest CRM. Commerce Cloud Einstein puts intelligence into every commerce journey. It includes Product Recommendations to personalize product recommendations to shoppers; Predictive Sort, which will infuse personalized sort and search results based on likelihood to engage; and Commerce Insights, which will help retailers understand product purchase correlations to power smarter merchandising and store planning.
Comments on the News
- "Commerce Cloud expands the natural definition of CRM and expands the relevance of Salesforce to its customers," said Ray Wang, Principal Analyst, Founder and Chairman, Constellation Research. "Commerce Cloud customers gain an end-to-end commerce play with Salesforce. Conversely, Commerce Cloud provides Salesforce customers with a rich and compelling story to deliver on campaign to commerce."
- "NYX has reimagined the way consumers shop for cosmetics, both online and in store," said Bernice Merlini, ecommerce marketing manager, NYX Cosmetics. "Commerce Cloud enables us to let our brand shine through, providing innovative and fun customer experiences whenever and wherever our loyal customers shop with us. The Commerce Cloud has provided NYX a scalable way to produce high-quality, authentic visual content and feature it across our site to inform a shopper's buying decision and enhance the eCommerce experience."
- "Shopper expectations are constantly evolving," said Martijn van der Zee, marketing director, Suitsupply. "By leveraging the Salesforce Commerce Cloud along with the rest of the Customer Success Platform, we can create seamless shopping experiences for our customers across all stages of their journeys, regardless of if they are shopping online, in-store or beyond."
Leading Brands Trust Commerce Cloud to Connect with Customers in Entirely New Ways
Leading global brands, including Design Within Reach, L'Oreal USA and Suitsupply, rely on Commerce Cloud to power digital commerce and deliver personalized shopping experiences. Forrester Consulting found that Salesforce Commerce Cloud clients launch 3.5 months faster on average than clients of other commerce platforms.3 From 2009 to 2014, retailers on cloud commerce platforms outperformed those on other platforms in sales, operating margins and earnings.4 Commerce Cloud powers more than 1,800 commerce sites in 53 countries, with more than $16 billion in merchandise sold in 2016.
Pricing & Availability
- Commerce Cloud is generally available today.
- Apple Pay is generally available to all Commerce Cloud customers at no additional cost.
- Commerce Cloud Einstein's Product Recommendations are generally available and included as part of a Commerce Cloud license.
- Read a blog post from Commerce Cloud CEO Jeff Barnett: http://blog.demandware.com/unified-commerce/demandware-is-now-the-salesforce-commerce-cloud
- Learn more about the Commerce Cloud: https://www.salesforce.com/products/commerce-cloud/overview/
- Learn more about Commerce Cloud at Dreamforce: https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2016/09/salesforce-commerce-cloud-at-dreamforce.html.
- Learn more about Salesforce Einstein: http://www.salesforce.com/company/news-press/press-releases/2016/09/160919.jsp.
- Come see the Commerce Cloud in action and visit us at Shop.org, Booth 8000.
Connect with Salesforce
- Like Salesforce and Commerce Cloud on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce and http://www.facebook.com/commercecloud.
- Follow @salesforce and @commerce cloud on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce and http://www.twitter.com/commercecloud.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2016 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners
1 Demandware Shopping Index, Q1 2016
2 The Wall Street Journal, "One Useful Feature For Online Retailers: Lots of Physical Stores," June, 2014
3 The Total Economic Impact of the Demandware Commerce Platform, Forrester Consulting
4 L2 Think Tank, Value of Agility, 2014
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/salesforce-delivers-salesforce-commerce-cloud-the-fastest-path-to-unified-commerce-300334038.html