SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, is demonstrating the continued expansion of its strategic leadership team with the appointment of Jeff Lautenbach as senior vice president of enterprise commercial sales, Americas.
At salesforce.com, Lautenbach reports to Hilarie Koplow-McAdams, executive vice president of sales, salesforce.com. In his new role, Lautenbach will lead salesforce.com in its efforts to bring the power of cloud computing to large enterprises.
Comments on the Announcement:
- "Jeff's strategic insight, reputation and proven in-depth experience in leading enterprise sales organizations is an asset in our charge to help large enterprises embrace social, mobile and open cloud computing," said Koplow-McAdams. "His deep understanding of the IT needs of large enterprises will help them to translate the benefits of the cloud to their organizations and customers."
- "Large enterprises have a tremendous opportunity to transform the focus of their IT departments from maintenance mode to being drivers of innovation across their organizations," said Lautenbach. "It's an exciting time to join salesforce.com and I look forward to working with some of the world's leading CIOs to make their visions for IT in the 21st century a reality."
Jeff Lautenbach Background:
- Lautenbach joins salesforce.com following a distinguished 20-year career at IBM. Most recently, he was responsible for its software business in the Western part of the U.S. where he led an organization of more than 1,000 professionals with software sales, technical, and architecture responsibilities focused on selling to the largest enterprises in the U.S. market.
- Lautenbach earned a B.A. in Marketing from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio and a MBA from the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois.
Salesforce.com is the trusted enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's Force.com platform and apps (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com's cloud offerings include:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support
- The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
- Salesforce Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing apps
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements may not be currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information pleasevisit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.