SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the appointment of Matt Miszewski as senior vice president, Global Public Sector.
At salesforce.com, Miszewski reports to Hilarie Koplow-McAdams, executive vice president of sales, salesforce.com. In his new role, Miszewski will lead salesforce.com's global public sector initiatives to help governments make their citizens more successful through the power of cloud computing.
Comments on the Announcement:
- "Matt has a proven track record of success and a clear vision for how transparency, accountability and engagement can benefit the global public sector," said Koplow-McAdams. "Matt will use his broad global experience to help governments understand the benefits of adopting cloud computing."
- "The public sector is under pressure every day to better serve their communities and has an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their citizens," said Miszewski. "I saw this as a unique opportunity to join the cloud computing leader at what is an inflection point for cloud adoption in the global public sector."
Matt Miszewski Background:
- Miszewski joins salesforce.com after serving as the general manager of Worldwide Government for Microsoft. In this position, he acted as a trusted strategic advisor to national, regional and local government leaders to help them create an information and communications technology environment that supports their individual policy agendas and their citizens.
- Prior to joining Microsoft, Miszewski was CIO for the state of Wisconsin where he oversaw the state's approximately $400 million annual investment in information technology and was a strategic advisor in the governor's cabinet.
- His leadership in implementing an enterprise approach to information technology management in the public sector is widely recognized. He has spoken to government organizations around the world and been recognized with numerous awards including Government Technology magazine's list of the Top 25 Doers, Dreamers and Drivers in 2005, the Center for Digital Government Achievement Awards Best of the Web Award in 2005, and the Diamond Awards [DOA] in 2004.
- Miszewski has also served as president of the National Association of State CIO's (NASCIO) helping to lead state CIO's in all 50 states in the US.
- He holds a BA in Political Science, Int'l Affairs and a minor in Economics, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and a JD with a concentration in Labor and Corporate Law, University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Follow Matt on Twitter, or on his blog, Fixing Potholes.
Salesforce.com is the trusted enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's Force.com platform and apps (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com's cloud offerings include:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support
- The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
- Salesforce Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing apps
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements may not be currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.