SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will speak at the Web 2.0 Summit on Oct. 17, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. PT. Benioff will join Tim O'Reilly, CEO of O'Reilly Media, on stage for a discussion on how companies are revolutionizing the way they connect with customers as social enterprises. The discussion will be streamed live at http://www.web2summit.com/web2011.
The Web 2.0 Summit, co-produced by Federated Media, O'Reilly Media and UBM TechWeb, brings together thought leaders shaping the industry from around the global. Web 2.0 Summit takes place Oct. 17-19, 2011 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
Welcome to the Social Enterprise
Attendees of Benioff and O'Reilly's one-on-one discussion will learn about the social revolution that is taking place. The number of social networking users has surpassed e-mail users. Nearly a quarter of all time spent online is spent on social networks like Facebook. And people access the Internet more from mobile devices than from desktops. Salesforce.com is helping companies meet the challenge of this social revolution with the social enterprise. Today, companies must change the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees to stay competitive. By leveraging salesforce.com's social, mobile and open cloud technologies, companies can transform themselves into social enterprises by developing social profiles of customers, creating employee social networks and building customer and product social networks.
- Register for the Web 2.0 Summit at https://en.oreilly.com/web2011/public/register.
- Watch the live webcast at http://www.web2summit.com/web2011.
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
- Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services include:
- Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
- Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
- Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
- AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
- Force.com, for custom application development
- Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
- Database.com, the world's first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.