WASHINGTON, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today delivered new mobile solutions to empower federal, state and local agencies to connect with each other, citizens and employees in entirely new ways. These new mobile solutions include Rapid Response 311, Mobile Communities for Government, Government Social Command Center and Platform Mobile Services for Government. Now, government can connect and respond to citizens on any device and any channel, accelerate agency collaboration with partners and build mobile government apps faster.
Comments on the News
- "Government organizations everywhere are struggling to deliver a new generation of citizen services in the face of shrinking budgets," said Daniel Burton, senior vice president for government transformation, salesforce.com. "To succeed, they must shed the legacy IT systems designed for the last century and embrace mobile cloud solutions that transform their ability to connect with citizens."
- "Serving the public today means being good stewards of taxpayer dollars and doing far more with far less," said Sonny Hashmi, deputy chief information officer/chief technology officer, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). "The GSA has developed more than 100 new apps on the Salesforce Platform, averaging more than a 90 percent reduction in total cost of ownership and a 75 percent reduction in development time for the average app."
Connecting Government with Citizens in Entirely New Ways
Nearly 90 percent of all smart connected devices shipped last year were mobile, according to IDC. More people than ever before are connected, but government is not keeping pace with the mobile revolution. The shift to mobile devices offers exciting new ways for government to connect with citizens and employees quickly and provide a new generation of cost-effective services.
These new mobile solutions enable government to collaborate with partners, accelerate projects, improve transparency and connect and respond to citizens on any device and any channel. Salesforce.com is transforming government for the mobile era with the following solutions:
- Rapid Response 311 – Based on the industry's #1 customer service app, Salesforce Service Cloud, the new Rapid Response 311 solution enables government agencies to deliver outstanding service, improve agent productivity and resolve cases faster. Now, agents have quick and easy access to all of the pertinent information to manage a case on any channel – phone, email, web and social media. For example, the City of Elgin, Illinois is transforming how it manages winter snow cleanup efforts across the city by using Salesforce technology to pinpoint severely impacted areas and quickly resolve citizen issues.
- Mobile Communities for Government – Now agencies can create private and secure social communities to connect with other departments, agencies and external partners in entirely new ways. New Mobile Communities for Government will combine social networking features -- such as profiles, real-time feeds, trending topics, recommendations and influence measurement -- with the critical business information and processes found in Salesforce. Enabling secure, immediate collaboration across government dramatically improves productivity, transparency and efficiency. For example, the FDA is piloting Mobile Communities for Government to transform and streamline the federal approval process for drugs and medical devices.
- Government Social Command Center – Based on the industry's #1 social media monitoring and engagement solution, the Salesforce Marketing Cloud is enabling federal, state, and local government agencies to transform how they communicate and engage with citizens. Now, agencies can connect with citizens in real-time wherever they are most engaged, whether on social networks, websites or mobile devices. The City and County of San Francisco, for example, uses insights derived from social media to measure sentiment and policy-impact in real-time so that it can quickly respond to citizens' priorities.
- Platform Mobile Services for Government – Government IT can now build, integrate and deploy any government app that makes data available on any device. From personal productivity apps to full-blown enterprise apps such as project management, constituent service, budgeting and finance planning, Platform Mobile Services for Government allow government IT teams to focus on solving issues, not managing infrastructure. The GSA has already built over 100 custom government apps on the Salesforce Platform.
Government Agencies Trust Salesforce.com to Power Their Mobile Transformations
Salesforce.com currently counts more than 500 government entities at the federal, state and local level as users of its trusted cloud services. Government customers include the U.S. Census Bureau, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), Colorado Statewide Internet Portal Authority, Michigan Health Information Network (MiHIN), NJ TRANSIT, Texas Department of Information Resources, City of Boston, Massachusetts and City of Palo Alto, California.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Learn more about the Salesforce.com Government Solutions at: https://www.salesforce.com/solutions/public-sector/
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the world's #1 CRM platform. Our unique, multi-tenant cloud architecture provides a highly customizable, low cost, easy-to-use platform that empowers companies to sell, service, market and innovate more effectively:
- Grow business with the #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the #1 service app, Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, publish and advertise with the #1 social marketing app, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Build and deliver social and mobile apps with the Salesforce Platform, and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2013 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.