SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the arrival of Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM, an entirely new crowd-sourced business data service exclusive to Salesforce CRM customers. Built leveraging native salesforce.com technologies, Jigsaw provides a seamless integration, a new user interface, robust analytics and delivers real-time updates to contact and company information within Salesforce CRM through Salesforce Chatter.
Comments on the News
- "CRM systems are only as good as the information inside them," said Kevin Akeroyd, general manager, Jigsaw. "With Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM, customers can be alerted to changes in contacts through Chatter in real-time. This degree of operational agility is only possible with Jigsaw's data in the cloud."
- "In this economy, companies need more innovative sales and marketing strategies and better business data," said Denis Pombriant, managing principal, Beagle Research Group. "Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM and Chatter provides them with reliable business data that is updated and published to sales and marketing employees in real-time. We're likely to see more companies turning to data in the cloud to support their dynamic operations."
- "Jigsaw has significantly improved the caliber of the information in our Salesforce CRM deployment," said Diane Updyke, vice president of sales, Crowd Factory. "The result is we are able to respond to an increase in demand from new verticals, prospects and partners. With Jigsaw, our team can find and cultivate these opportunities at our accelerated pace of business."
Data Cleansing Gets Proactive, Talks to You with Chatter
Integrated with Chatter, salesforce.com's enterprise social collaboration technology, Jigsaw can automatically identify changes to important contact and company data in Salesforce CRM, update and reconcile the records and then publish the changes in Chatter in real-time. As a result, sales reps and marketers instantly know when business contact data degrades or becomes bad – anytime, anywhere. Updates can even be received on mobile devices like the Apple iPad and iPhone via the web browser.
With Jigsaw, Salesforce CRM Customers can unlock the Value of Real-Time Data
With the seamless integration to Salesforce CRM, customers can use the new user interface to quickly access the accurate contact information within Salesforce CRM. In addition, Jigsaw for Salesforce includes two new analytics dashboards that customer can use to monitor the overall health of data and report on usage. Jigsaw also provides customers with capabilities such as:
- Real-time status updates around how much data is being actively managed by Jigsaw, and visual reports on how much data is correct, out-of-date or dead in the data graveyard.
- Integrated Salesforce CRM reports with Jigsaw data to determine if records related to future sales are incorrect or incomplete.
- Holistic alerts that identify when records are flagged as dead so reps can quickly search for the record and update it with new, accurate information.
Jigsaw Accelerating Data Moving to the Cloud
Until Jigsaw, the market did not have a business data service that supported the pace of change across sales and marketing operations or delivered updates as data changed. The issue is so critical to success that companies spend more than $3 billion a year on data sourcing services. Since Jigsaw is delivered entirely in the cloud, customers are liberated from legacy data sources that require expensive and complex data management, including storage, backups, security, updates, and integration.
Jigsaw is the world's largest crowd-sourced database with more than 22 million business contacts and 4 million company profiles that are continually updated and added to by a global, Wikipedia-style community of more than 1.4 million individuals. Since the data is crowd sourced, users realize greater accuracy, which is available to end users in real-time and pre-integrated to other cloud apps.
Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM Pricing and Availability
- Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM is now generally available and starts at $29 per user per month.
- For more information on Jigsaw for Salesforce CRM, go to http://enterprise.jigsaw.com
- Follow @jigsaw on Twitter
Jigsaw (http://www.jigsaw.com) is a leading provider of business information and data services that uniquely leverages user-generated content contributed by its global business-to-business community of 1.4 million members. Jigsaw gives individuals and companies access to business contact information for 22 million business professionals and profiles of 4 million companies. In addition to delivering low-cost and easy access to high-value business information for sales, marketing, recruiting and customer service, Jigsaw provides a variety of cloud-based data acquisition and management services. Founded in 2004, Jigsaw is located in San Mateo, Calif. and is a Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) company.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of July 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 82,400 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.