LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 2014 International CES -- Salutron, Inc. today showcased the importance of heart rate monitoring in providing accurate measurements for activity tracking that provides consumers with opportunities for better health. The LifeTrak series offers the industry's only physiological monitoring devices to feature 365 days of use with no charging, waterproof format, and the most important health measurement of all: your beating heart. LifeTrak removes the guesswork by allowing you to check your resting heart rate to accurately calculate your fitness age.
Debuting at CES is the newest addition to the LifeTrak series, the Zone R415. This is the only waterproof activity tracker on the market to feature smartphone notifications and heart rate monitoring! Incoming calls, SMS, and Email are all delivered right to your wrist. The Zone R415 also features intelligent wake up, gently waking you with vibration when you are in your lightest stage of sleep. Your data is visible and stored on the LifeTrak device but you can also sync data to popular apps such as MapMyFitness, Argus, AnD Wellness Connected (expected in April 2014) and others.
Salutron also provides a sneak peek of a premier product with continuous heart rate! The upcoming addition to the LifeTrak activity series includes the key features below, plus automatic monitoring of your heart rate 24/7, providing a more comprehensive record of cardiac health and overall fitness.
Key Features of LifeTrak series:
- Heart Rate: ECG-accurate heart rate monitoring without a chest strap.
- Automatic Sleep Monitoring: Auto-detection of start and end of sleep cycle combined with actigraphy tracking of micro movements to determine duration and quality of sleep, all without user intervention.
- Intelligent Wake Up: Vibration alarm wakes you gently when you are in your lightest stage of sleep.
- Smartphone Notifications: Alerts for incoming calls, missed calls, emails and SMS messages right on your wrist.
- Bluetooth® Smart Connectivity: Easy and simple connectivity to Bluetooth® Smart Ready devices.
- OPEN API Development Platform: The open API provides connectivity to apps on Bluetooth® Smart Ready devices, providing opportunities for new and existing applications to integrate with LifeTrak technology.
- Calorie Tracking: All-day calorie monitoring via advanced algorithm using body motion and heart rate data to compute activity levels and energy expenditure (heart rate).
- Step Counting: Distinguishes walking, running, and other activity without user intervention and eliminates step counting of non-stepping activities.
- Dynamic Distance Calibration: Dynamic pace-based distance adjusts stride length based on the speed of your pace. It recognizes steps, running and sprinting activities.
- Active Graphic Displays with 7-Day History: Easy, intuitive 3-button navigation with context-driven display. Measured parameters automatically reset at midnight and offers independent daily goal setting.
- Independent Workout Mode: Track calories, steps, distance and workout time separately from daily tracking.
- Time Keeping: Time, day and date settings with AM/PM or 24-hour time format.
- Ultra-low Power Monitoring: One-year estimated battery life; no charging required.
- Waterproof: Submersible to 90 feet.
LifeTrak Open API Development Platform:
Salutron, Inc. offers access to an open, non-proprietary app development platform, providing consumers greater choice in connecting to services and storing data. Open application programming interface (API) documentation is available at lifetrakusa.com/developers/. The open API platform supports applications for Android 4.3 or newer and iOS 5 or newer and all current and future LifeTrak activity trackers with Bluetooth® Smart Ready connectivity.
Salutron is showcasing the new LifeTrak products at 2014 International CES in Las Vegas at LVCC South Hall 2, booth #26703. Dr. Jin Lee, Chief Technology Officer of Salutron, Inc., will demonstrate the LifeTrak technology on the Living in Digital Times Stage on Jan. 7, 2014 from 10:45-11:00 a.m. at LVCC South Hall 2, booth #25515. The LifeTrak products will also be part of the ShowStoppers event on Jan. 7, 2014 from 6-10 p.m. at table G-10 in the Lafite Ballroom of the Wynn Hotel. As part of the Digital Health Summit's discussion panels, Dr. Lee will provide insights into the Quantified Self movement during the Track-a-holism session on Jan. 9, 2014 from 12:00-12:40 p.m. at LVCC North Hall, room N263.
About Salutron, Inc.:
Salutron, Inc. is an industry leader in heart rate monitoring technology for fitness and health equipment and products. Found in gyms across the globe, the company's technology is incorporated into many name brands including, Precor, Nautilus, Star Trac, and Life Fitness. From the gym to your wrist, Salutron also offers accurate, durable and connected wearable devices for physiological monitoring on-the-go. The wearable devices, in band and watch format, are branded under LifeTrak and SmartHealth. Salutron technology has also been incorporated into many well-known private label brands including Timex, Reebok, New Balance, Sportline and Pro-Form. Products with Salutron's technology can be found in major retailers including Sports Authority, Sport Chalet, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5, Best Buy, RadioShack, Frys, Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Costco, and Amazon. Additionally, Salutron develops physiological monitoring products for government agencies like DARPA, NASA, the US Army, and brings those innovative technologies to the everyday consumer. Salutron is privately held and based in Fremont, CA. More information on Salutron and LifeTrak products can be found at lifetrakusa.com or follow @MyLifeTrak.
The International CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for more than 40 years—the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the technology trade association representing the $203 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry's most relevant issues are addressed. Follow CES online at CESweb.org and through social media: CESweb.org/social.
Online Press Kit: http://lifetrakusa.com/ces-2014-press-release/
Porter Novelli on behalf of Salutron, Inc.
SOURCE Salutron, Inc.