SAN DIEGO, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2012 San Diego Film Festival announced today its preliminary calendar of events as it celebrates its 11th year. Scheduled for September 26-30, 2012, the 2012 San Diego Film Festival will be held at two venues this year: the Reading Theater in the Gaslamp and the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla, Sherwood Auditorium. Tickets start at $14 for pre-sale/$16 at the door, and go up to $75 for a one day pass, and range up to $500 for a Festival VIP Pass to all screenings, premieres, events, and panels on all days. Tax-deductible Patron Passes are also available, starting at $2,500 and ranging up to $25,000, each with increasing levels of access to the festival, celebrities, and events. A dramatic expansion this year, festival organizers anticipate hosting over 100 screenings.
Gus Van Sant - Premiere Engagement for 2012!
Oscar® nominated-director, Gus Van Sant, will be in attendance for a VIP Tribute evening and film retrospective featuring Milk, Good Will Hunting, My Own Private Idaho, and the Palme d'Or winner Elephant. This is the first-ever Gus Van Sant film festival retrospective, and will take place at the Sherwood Auditorium in the Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla.
Preliminary Calendar for the 2012 San Diego Film Festival includes:
Wednesday, September 26
- Opening Night Premiere & Party (Reading Theater, FLUXX Nightclub, Gaslamp)
- Live broadcasts from the red carpet at 5 pm
Thursday, September 27
- Film Screenings from 3 pm – 10 pm (Reading Theater, Gaslamp)
- Gus Van Sant Tribute & Retrospective. Red Carpet Cocktail Reception (Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla)
Friday September 28
- Film Screenings from 3 pm – 10 pm (La Jolla Museum & Reading Theater, Gaslamp)
- "Almost Famous" Screening and Block Party (Gaslamp)
Saturday, September 29
- Film Screenings from 11 am – 10 pm (La Jolla Museum & Reading Theater, Gaslamp)
- Industry Panels, Workshops
- Awards Night and Filmmakers Brewhaha from 9 – Midnight (Hard Rock Hotel, Gaslamp)
Sunday, September 30
- Film Screenings from 11 am – 9 pm (Reading Theater, Gaslamp)
- Closing Night Film Premiere (Reading Theater, Gaslamp)
For more information, visit www.SanDiegoFilmFest.com
Contact: Beth Binger, +1-619-987-6658, email@example.com
SOURCE San Diego Film Festival