WATERTOWN, Mass., Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanbolic®, the market leader in distributed data management, today announced that its Melio version 3.5 (v3.5) software has been named a finalist for a Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com 2011 Products of the Year Award in the Storage System Software category. Melio, together with the other finalists, was judged and chosen from the hundreds of nominations received based on its innovation, performance, functionality and overall value, as well as its ease of installation, integration and manageability. More specifically, Melio stood out for its integration of complex storage concepts (i.e., clustered file system, volume management, rapid resource provisioning and quality of service (QoS)) into a workload and storage agnostic offering, which enables customers to benefit from increased levels of infrastructure flexibility and responsiveness, while minimizing cost and complexity. New features such as extended hypervisor support, local server storage sharing, synchronous and asynchronous mirroring and replication, and increased scalability also made it a frontrunner.
"Sanbolic is sincerely honored to have been designated a finalist for the Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com 2011 Products of the Year Awards in the category of Storage Systems Software," said Momchil "Memo" Michailov, Co-Founder and CEO of Sanbolic. "It is an enviable tribute to Melio v3.5's industry unique ability to help its users to dramatically increase application availability, scalability, protection and performance, while decreasing cost and management complexity across enterprise data center, virtual desktop (VDI) and private cloud environments."
Sanbolic Melio v3.5's New Features and Benefits:
- Extended Hypervisor Support and Integration - integration with Xen, VMware and KVM - the most prevalent hypervisors, w/support for a wide range of guest operating systems including Linux, Solaris and Windows, enabling ease of management and dramatic decrease in CapEx and OpEx. Also enables users to extend virtual layer down into data – all the way to guest operating system - a critical stepping stone to private cloud deployment.
- Local Server Storage Sharing – enables creation of shared storage pools using internal storage from existing server assets – allows development and POCs to be completed securely and on a smaller-scale with virtually zero upfront investment.
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Mirroring and Replication – increases high availability (HA), data protection and disaster recovery (DR) across local and remote data centers.
- Increased Scalability – only solution that enables users to scale to hundreds of hypervisors and thousands of VMs.
- Open API – ensures open access utilizing industry standard platforms.
The Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com Products of the Year Award is one of the industry's most coveted honors due to the meticulous attention and due diligence that is given to each and every entry by its outstanding panel of judges made up of its top-notch editorial staff and other highly respected industry experts. Being named a finalist has therefore become a recognized mark of distinction in and of itself. For further information, please visit: http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/Storage-system-software-2011-Products-of-the-Year-finalists.
About Sanbolic, Inc.
Founded in 2000, Sanbolic® is the global leader in distributed data management. Its Melio™ software suite delivers dramatically increased levels of application availability, scalability, protection and performance while decreasing cost and management complexity across enterprise data center applications such as Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint and Windows file-/web-serving, Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktop (VDI), and Microsoft Hyper-V private cloud environments. For further information please visit the Sanbolic website at: www.sanbolic.com or email: [email protected].
Join the conversation - follow Sanbolic on Twitter.
© Sanbolic, Inc. 2012. Sanbolic and Melio are trademarks of Sanbolic, Inc. All other brands and product names contained in the press release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Sanbolic, Inc.