COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Sanborn Map Company (Sanborn) continues to grow its world-class product offerings with the addition of more than 41,000 square miles of fresh oblique imagery covering 150 U.S. metropolitan markets. Additionally, Sanborn now offers 6-inch resolution orthophotography covering the entire continental United States in both natural color and infrared products. Sanborn's latest offerings demonstrate the firm's commitment to bolstering its position as the premier U.S. provider of superior-quality, high-resolution aerial imagery products and services.
"As an industry-leading provider of geospatial products and applications, our ongoing commitment is to serve our customers with the nation's best products and services," says Jason Caldwell, Sanborn VP of business development and sales. "Sanborn's oblique and ortho selections are current and accurate, and our uniquely liberal data licensing policy and rapid delivery, including cloud hosting, offer a terrific value proposition for our customers."
Sanborn's off-the-shelf oblique and orthophotography is suitable for a wide range of applications. Some of the most common uses include:
- As a base map to adjust and enhance the accuracy of parcel information and other data layers.
- As a source from which to extract building outlines, transportation and utility features, and other data to create or update planimetric features databases.
- As a tool to aid in the planning, design and execution of public infrastructure projects and residential development.
- To create efficient routes for E911/first responders and aid other public safety planning.
- To perform more accurate tax assessment.
- As a contextual background over which other data can be layered to create accurate and highly effective presentations and reports.
- As a source for automatic change detection and reporting.
All off Sanborn's off-the-shelf imagery data is stored in the cloud and served to the firm's customers via a web service interface. Oblique imagery samples at various resolutions can be viewed at www.sanborn.com/products/oblique. Learn more about Sanborn orthophotography at www.sanborn.com/products/orthophotography.
About The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.
Sanborn (www.sanborn.com) is a preeminent leader in the exploding geospatial industry, delivering state-of-the-art mapping solutions to customers worldwide. The firm currently operates a fleet of 12 aircraft located strategically across the United States. Embracing cutting-edge technology, Sanborn specializes in oblique aerial imagery, aerial and mobile LiDAR mapping, aerial orthophotography, 3-D modeling and visualization software and services, indoor mapping with its proprietary SPIN robot, unmanned aircraft system sales, services and image processing, and a host of geospatial software development. Sanborn's innovative technology advantage, image processing expertise, local presence, nationwide and unparalleled project-management portfolio ensure the ultimate value to its global customers.
SOURCE The Sanborn Map Company, Inc.