SAVANNAH, Ga., Sept. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Savannah Food & Wine Festival, presented by Publix will be celebrating its sixth year this November 5 – 11, 2018. Several new events have been added to the final schedule, along with an impressive list of award-winning guest celebrity chefs, local chefs, wine and beverage experts, and cookbook authors.
Schedule of Events:
- Master Class Series – Tuesday, November 6 – Friday, November 11, Chef Darin's Kitchen Table and Peregrin, rooftop at the Perry Lane Hotel
- NEW Event: Whisky on the Water, presented by Slane Distillery and The Alida Hotel, Tuesday, November 6, from 7 – 9:00 pm, The Lost Square, The Alida Hotel rooftop
- James Beard Foundation, Celebrity Chef Tour dinner, presented by the Savannah Morning News, Wednesday, November 7 at 6:30 pm, Perry Lane Hotel
- The Grand Reserve Tasting, Thursday, November 8, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- Secret Savannah Speakeasy, presented by Eat It and Like It, Savannah Morning News, Do Savannah, Thursday, November 8, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- Riverboat Luncheon Cruise, "Secrets of the Southern Table" with Virginia Willis, Friday, November 9, 12 – 2:30 pm, Savannah Riverboat Cruises
- River Street Stroll, presented by Delicato Family Vineyards, Friday, November 9, 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Rousakis Plaza
- Q-Masters, Chefs + Vets, presented by Big Green Egg, Friday, November 10, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- NEW Event: Rise & Shine, Coffee, Crepes + Champagne, Saturday, November 10, 9 – 11 am, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- Taste of Savannah, Saturday, November 10, 1 – 4:00 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- NEW Expanded VIP Lounge: VIP Lounge at the Taste of Savannah, presented by Publix, Santa Margherita and South Magazine, Saturday, November 10, 1 – 4 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum - *VIP Lounge tickets include early festival grounds access at 12:30 and VIP Parking on site.
- NEW Event: A Chefs Collaborative, presented by Kimpton Restaurants + Bars and South Magazine, Saturday, November 10, 7 pm, PACCI Italian Kitchen + Bar
- NEW Event: Jazz & Bubbles Brunch, Sunday, November 11, 12 – 2:30 pm, Savannah Riverboat Cruises
- NEW Event: East + West BBQ, Sunday, November 11, 1 – 4 pm, The Alida Hotel poolside deck
Taste of Savannah, Saturday, November 10, 2018, from 1 – 4 pm at the Georgia Railroad Museum, presented by the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport
The main event is bigger and better than ever with a record number of beverage tasting varietals and participating restaurants. The VIP Lounge has been expanded with additional culinary stations and bars, along with doubling its footprint in size. Some new and not to miss things to do and see at the Taste of Savannah include:
- NEW: "Sparkling Garden", presented by Savannah Morning News – the Sparkling Fountain, with sparkling wines flowing all day, will be the surefire main attraction! The sparkling and bubbly place to be, with artisans and restaurant booths included inside the Blacksmith Shop.
- NEW: Guinness Tasting Experience, presented by Guinness, with special chef's tasting bites, prepared on the Big Green Egg, paired with beer samples
- TasteMakers in the Round, presented by Atlanta Magazine
*Audience tastings for the first 200 people in each session
- Main Stage Cooking Demonstrations, presented by the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport, Eat It and Like It and WTOC-TV
- Meet the Makers Stages, presented by Atlanta Magazine
- Les Dames d'Escoffier Savannah Stage
- Les Dames d'Escoffier Atlanta Stage
- Kimpton Restaurants + Bars Stage
- Big Green Egg, "Grilling Gurus Stage"
- Georgia Grown Stage
- Celebrity Cookbook Author's Signings/Retail Tent
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is a non-profit event, benefiting various Savannah charitable organizations and its own Coastal Hospitality Education Foundation (CHEF), providing educational scholarships for culinary and hospitality students in the Coastal Empire and the Lowcountry. The festival takes place throughout Savannah, November 5 – 11, 2018 with celebrity chefs and winemakers, connoisseur dinners, one-of-a-kind culinary, spirits and wine experiences. To download high resolution images courtesy of the Savannah Food & Wine Festival click HERE.
The most up to date festival information is available on the website at www.savannahfoodandwinefestival.com; Twitter: https://twitter.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Instagram: www.instagram.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Facebook: www.facebook.com/SavannahFoodandWineFestival
For media information:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Jan Gourley, Cell: 843-812-5802
SOURCE Savannah Food & Wine Festival