SEAL BEACH, Calif., Jan. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
I am pleased to take this opportunity to introduce you to SaveDaily, Inc. and to give an overview of what we do and the large markets that we serve.
In August 2011 SaveDaily.com, Inc. merged into Nine Mile Software, Inc. and changed our name to SaveDaily, Inc. Our shares now trade on OTCBB under the symbol "SAVY". According to our Chairman, Harry Dent, "SaveDaily has a singular focus - to bring Wall Street caliber investment opportunities to Main Street Savers." Our management lives by that credo.
We are a software based application service provider (ASP) providing our industry partners such as banks, credit unions and broker-dealers as well as other financial intermediaries, third party administrators (TPA's), third party marketers and payroll benefits providers mutual fund investment solutions for everyday investors. We provide a turnkey white label solution for these financial institutions, allowing them to offer their customers more value with a profitable business model.
We believe that SaveDaily offers the widest range of mutual fund investment options at the lowest cost in the nation. At April 30, 2011 we serviced roughly 42,000 end users through our partner financial institutions, representing about $82,000,000 of invested funds. As of December 31, 2011 we were servicing approximately 48,000 end users with total client assets in excess of $150,000,000. While we are proud of increasing the number of end users by 14.3% and client assets by more than 82% over that eight month period we see much more opportunity ahead of us for 2012.
Our technology's open architecture allows for highly scalable solutions that can accommodate any level of growth with minimal modifications. Although $11.8 trillion were invested in the US mutual funds as of the end of 2010, only 44% of the US households owned mutual funds. The everyday saver represents a very large and very under-represented segment of this market. Only 22% of households with income under $50,000 are estimated to own mutual funds. We believe that we are the first firm to target everyday savers with the very broad range of mutual fund and investment options that we provide.
The Everyday Saver (aka the "Mass Market") is a Dramatically Underserved Asset Class
- The everyday saver historically has not a had a sufficient level of investable assets to allow for cost effective investment in mutual funds
- 80% of U.S. households make under $100,000 per year and 92% make under $150,000
- Median household income in the United States in 2010 was $49,445
- In 2010 only 22% of households with income under $50,000 owned a mutual fund; only 44% of all U.S. households owned a mutual fund
- The underlying challenge is that it is too costly for traditional financial institutions to open and maintain small-volume investment accounts
- Burdened by high costs of service: per ticket transaction fees, investment advisors, customer service department, and recording keeping
- These costs are recovered through a combination of high fees (commissions, transaction fees, and account maintenance fees) and minimum investment requirements, creating financial barriers for the low-income investor
- Therefore, they often turn away clients with less than $100,000 in investable assets
- SaveDaily was founded in 1999 to address the problem of this underserved market segment
- Over 8 years and $14 million spent building the technology and putting all the regulatory and business agreements in place
- Initial sales began in 2008 but a more aggressive rollout started in 2010 when sales were taken in-house
- No other firm, to our knowledge, has the technology platform and/or agreements in place to compete with SaveDaily in this market segment
- The key competitive advantage is that SaveDaily has the ability to pool multiple small investments into large, aggregated transactions thereby
- Drastically reducing transaction costs and in most cases eliminates the need for investment minimums
- Enabling even modest savers and investors to purchase the more than 13,000 mutual funds in a variety of share classes that were previously inaccessible to them
- Allowing investors to diversify across a broad range of funds at no extra charge
- Management believes that there is tremendous demand for SaveDaily's platform from potential partners for several key reasons
- Partners can capture new income streams that help offset increasing pricing pressure on their other products (e.g., debit card fees)
- Private label strategy allows partners to promote their brand and strengthen their relationships with their customers
- Prevents erosion of captive funds to external providers
We currently deliver our technology solutions via two distinct platforms: retail (self directed) and managed (advisor driven). Our retail platform, from which we currently derive about 70% of our revenues, is marketed to:
- Retail Banking and Savings Industry:
- Large banks and community banks
- Credit unions
- Health savings accounts (HSAs)
- Employer Services Industry:
- Third party administrators
- Affinity based providers
- Employer groups
Our managed platform currently amounts to about 30% of our revenues and is principally marketed to:
- Brokerage Industry
- Large Wire Houses
- Small-Medium Broker Dealer (BD)
Description of Service – Retail Platform
- SaveDaily provides a white label platform that is integrated into a partner's website
- Marketed to customers using partners' branding
- Provides an affordable means to invest in mutual funds that was previously unavailable to these customers
Description of Service – Managed Platform
- Partner uses platform to reduce costs of managing accounts
- Customers were already investors in mutual funds and are unaware of SaveDaily, so there is no new service offering
- Customers benefit because the BD can reallocate investments much more cost efficiently
Typical Customer – Retail Platform
- Under $50,000 in annual income
- Average mutual fund investments of roughly $2,200
Typical customer – Managed Platform
- Income generally above $175,000
- Average mutual fund investments of roughly $65,000
Among the financial institutions who have adopted our mutual fund investing platform are: Bank of New York Mellon, US Bank, Patelco (4th largest credit union in California), United Missouri Bank, PlanMember Securities Corp., and ACS, a division of Xerox.
We are fortunate to have a management team that includes Harry Dent, non-Executive Chairman of the Board, Jeffrey W. Mahony, our Chief Executive Officer and Gregory D. Vacca, our President. Harry Dent is an internationally acclaimed author, lecturer and frequent guest on national and local financial news programs. His most recent book "The Great Crash Ahead" has been a New York Times best seller.
Jeffrey W. Mahony is an executive with more than 17 years experience in Internet strategy development and large scale project management for financial trading systems. He and his team are responsible for creating, deploying and supporting our software solutions.
Gregory D. Vacca has extensive financial services experience in senior management positions at First Nationwide Investments, Cal Fed Investments and US Bancorp Investments, in addition to consulting with major insurance, investment and other financial institutions. We are proud to have him as an important addition to our management team.
Our recent filing of Form 10-Q reflects increased costs and operating losses. Nevertheless, we are delighted to report that 2011 has been the strongest year of growth since inception. As we enter into 2012 we remain committed to serving our partners and customers while growing our business, expanding market share and, achieving positive cash flow. I invite our shareholders and other interested persons to review our website and examine our filings on EDGAR at www.sec.gov. We look forward to sharing our continued progress with you in the months to come and want to thank you for your attention and support.
Jeff Mahony, CEO
Forward Looking Statements: This release contains forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ from those projected due to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to the possibility that some or all of the matters and transactions considered by SaveDaily may not proceed as contemplated, and by all other matters specified in SaveDaily's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These statements are made based upon current expectations that are subject to risk and uncertainty. SaveDaily does not undertake to update forward-looking statements in this news release to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting such forward-looking information. Assumptions and other information that could cause results to differ from those set forth in the forward-looking information can be found in the SaveDaily's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its recent periodic reports.
About SaveDaily, Inc. SaveDaily offers investments and record-keeping services to its intermediary partners, as well as directly to clients through a variety of white-labeled interfaces. SaveDaily owns its proprietary financial services platform which has been in production for about three years, helping financial intermediaries succeed in bringing suitable and affordable investment services to everyday savers and investors. SaveDaily, through its financial services partners, has the capability of making virtually all mutual funds available to its clients. SaveDaily conducts its business through its wholly owned subsidiary, SaveDaily.com, Inc., which is headquartered in Seal Beach, California and is a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission. For more information, visit www.savedaily.com.
Company Contact: Gregory D. Vacca, (562) 795-7500
SOURCE SaveDaily, Inc.