LOS ANGELES, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Savings.com unveiled its annual Best Times to Buy data, with predictions for the best days to shop for specific items in order to score the best deals. The data is based on proprietary research from 2009-2013, including more than 1.5 million deals from 25,000 retailers.
According to the research, the best days to shop for specific categories of items are as follows:
- Electronics: November 1, November 26, November 28 (Black Friday)
- Toys: November 26, December 8 and December 19
- Apparel: December 1, December 11, December 18
- Novelties: December 15, December 22, December 23
"At Savings.com, our ultimate goal is to help shoppers find the absolute best deals," said Seth Barnes, Head of Marketing at Savings.com. "Our retailer data, along with our savings expertise tells us that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are not the only times that consumers can score a great deal. There are lots of other factors that go into holiday discounting and we're thrilled to be able to share our findings with shoppers to help save them time and money."
Additional Savings.com insights into the holiday shopping season include:
- Over the past five years, Black Friday sales have peaked on average 6-7 days before Thanksgiving – a proof point that "Christmas Creep" is real as retailers scramble to boost Q4 sales
- Though overall holiday spending is up since 2009, spending on Black Friday and Cyber Monday specifically has declined since 2011, illustrating that savvy shoppers are finding deals outside of those two landmark shopping days
To help consumers map out their holiday shopping, Savings.com created an infographic with all of the Best Times to Buy insights in one place, viewable on the company's blog.
In addition to the Best Times to Buy insights, online shoppers can also utilize the Savings.com PriceJump tool at http://www.savings.com/pricejump to compare prices on thousands of items on Amazon.com and other online retailers.
Savings.com helps you find the best deals on everything you want. Tell us what stores and categories you like, what city you live in, and we deliver the best deals for you. In addition to providing personalized recommendations, Savings.com has one of the most in-depth databases of online coupons. Shoppers can access thousands of exclusive offers from the biggest retailer names along with up to 100,000 active deals from online and national retailers, daily deal sites and grocery brands. More than 5 million shoppers turn to Savings.com each month as their trusted resource for deals and to interact with the site's popular community of online coupon experts, the DealPros™. Savings.com was recently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, and it's won top awards from advertiser partners, including the 2011 Innovative Publisher of the Year from LinkShare and 2010 Advertiser's Choice Award for Top Publisher from Commission Junction.
Meghan Heffernan, Savings.com, 949.878.8104, [email protected]
Katie Rie, Cone Communications, 212.209.1802, [email protected]