THOMASVILLE, Ga., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Living well is simple and delicious, thanks to Nature's Own Life®, a new line of breads available now in grocery retailers across the country. The new line from Nature's Own includes six varieties: Wheat+Protein, 7 Sprouted Grains, Double Fiber Wheat, 100% Whole Grain Sugar Free, 40 Calories Honey Wheat and 40 Calories Wheat.
Nature's Own Life® breads give shoppers solutions to address a variety of health and wellness needs. Trend research shows that consumers want more protein, grains and fiber and less sugar, sodium and calories in their food choices, and Life® breads deliver just that, packed with goodness to the last bite.
Karen Buch, RDN, LDN, a registered dietitian nutritionist, says consumers, now more than ever, are looking for foods that align with their personal nutritional goals.
"Some consumers are choosing more protein to help trigger satiety and improve appetite satisfaction, others want to eat adequate fiber and whole grains to aid digestive health, and some are looking to trim calories and sugar as part of an overall healthy diet that supports weight management. Nature's Own Life® is a great solution for these goals, helping consumers boost protein, increase whole grains and fiber, and reduce calories and sugar in their diets, while still enjoying the delicious taste and texture that bread has to offer," Buch said.
New Nature's Own Life® Varieties:
- Wheat+Protein: With more than half of Americans trying to consume more protein, Nature's Own Life® Wheat+Protein delivers 8 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber per slice. Simple Sandwich Solution: Sweet and Savory Turkey-Blueberry Sandwich
- 7 Sprouted Grains: Offering partially broken down starches that make micronutrients easier to absorb, Nature's Own Life® 7 Sprouted Grains also has 16 grams of whole grain per slice. The "lucky 7" sprouted grains in this loaf include: whole wheat flour, sorghum, rye, millet, oats, barley and brown rice. Simple Sandwich Solution: Ham, Cheddar & Spinach Melt
- Double Fiber Wheat: One serving of Double Fiber Wheat bread is twice as nice, with twice the fiber (4 grams per slice) of 100-percent whole wheat bread. Best of all, you don't have to sacrifice the great taste of traditional wheat bread. Simple Sandwich Solution: Roasted Veggie with Dijon Drizzle
- 100% Whole Grain Sugar Free: Watching sugar intake for yourself or your children? Make it easier with 100% Whole Grain Sugar Free bread: sugar free, great taste and 11 wholesome grams of whole grain per slice. Simple Sandwich Solution: Prosciutto, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
- 40 Calories Honey Wheat: Nature's Own Life® 40 Calories Honey Wheat delivers the perfect touch of sweet honey goodness with only 40 calories per slice. It also has 35 percent less sodium and 3 times the fiber of other enriched breads. Simple Sandwich Solution: Avocado Spread with Cucumbers and Sweet Peppers
- 40 Calories Wheat: At only 40 calories per slice, Nature's Own Life® 40 Calories Wheat is as easy on waistlines as it is on the taste buds. This delicious and nutritious bread has 3 times the fiber and 20 percent less sodium compared to other enriched breads. Simple Sandwich Solution: Chopped Tuna Salad
Like all Nature's Own breads, Nature's Own Life® varieties have NO artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, and NO high fructose corn syrup. The six varieties, priced from $3.29-$3.59 per loaf (prices may vary by retailer), help families meet specific nutritional goals. To learn more about Life® breads, visit www.naturesownbread.com/life.
About Nature's Own:
Nature's Own is the #1 selling bread brand in the U.S.*, offering a delicious selection of fresh breads and buns. Nature's Own products have NO artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors and NO high fructose corn syrup. The bakers of Nature's Own, Flowers Foods, Inc. (NYSE: FLO), has more than 90 years of baking experience and offers a wide range of delicious bakery foods. Nature's Own Life® is a registered trademark of Flowers Bakeries Brands, LLC.
*Nature's Own is the #1 selling bread brand based on unit and dollar sales numbers reported by syndicated IRI data for the total US.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/savor-the-good-life-with-new-breads-from-natures-own-life-300416274.html
SOURCE Nature's Own