NEW YORK, April 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic Parent & Child® magazine (Nasdaq: SCHL) today announced the launch of its first app designed for the Apple iPad™ and available for free in the iTunes store. A combination of quality content from the print edition of the magazine and exclusive weekly updates from Parent & Child editors make Scholastic Parent & Child PLUS unlike any other parenting magazine app on the market. The app downloads quickly and alerts users of updates automatically, giving them fast and easy access to all of the great resources found on the platform. The launch of the Scholastic Parent & Child PLUS app marks Scholastic's first app created exclusively for parents. This news follows Scholastic Media's recent announcement of the launch of the Touch & Tilt™ line of interactive storybook iPad apps for kids.
The Chrysler Brand has signed on as the launch sponsor and will debut its new ad campaign for the Town & Country, "Five +Five Test Drive." During this time, moms and families who visit Chrysler Brand's Town & Country Facebook Page can register to test-drive the all-new Town & Country, and Chrysler will donate five new books from Scholastic to their chosen school, plus an additional five books to a school in need. Up to 150,000 books will be donated through the promotion.
"We are excited to connect with our core audience on a whole new level and expand that audience to the millions of savvy iPad users," said Nick Friedman, Scholastic Parent & Child editor-in-chief. "Our entry into the iPad forum allows us to deliver the most up-to-date parenting content for our highly engaged and digital minded readers. You can take us anywhere!"
Top Features of Scholastic Parent & Child's iPad app include:
- FREE DOWNLOAD: Scholastic Parent & Child PLUS is completely free in the iTunes Store and downloads quickly for fast and easy updates and access to content.
- WEEKLY UPDATES: Content is refreshed frequently by Parent & Child editors, giving users new stories and tips each week.
- SLEEK, EASY-TO-NAVIGATE DESIGN: Unique "sliding drawer" interface that opens up content in a snap.
- MULTIMEDIA CONTENT: Bonus behind-the-scenes videos, and cover shoot photo galleries.
- ORIGINAL REPORTING: Feature articles from the magazine on a variety of topics parents want to know about, including the latest educational and developmental findings.
- NEWS & REVIEWS: Q&A's with celebrity parents, DVD releases, and editor's picks, plus short news items that keep parents up-to-date.
- AGES & STAGES: Behavioral advice from the magazine's experts, classified by age group.
- IN THE KITCHEN: Articles and family-friendly recipes from today's most seasoned celebrity chefs who appear in the magazine, including Alton Brown, Rocco Dispirito, and Mario Batali.
- FAMILY TIME: A sampling of creative DIY crafts and suggested activities that families can do together.
- BLOGS WE'RE READING: Links to must-read parent blogs recommend by Parent & Child covering parenting topics of the day.
- FUN FINDS: The best in consumer products, such as books, toys, video games, all with direct to purchase links.
"We are thrilled to welcome Chrysler Town & Country as the first sponsor of our debut iPad application," said Scholastic Parent & Child Publisher Jeff Wellington. "Scholastic Parent & Child PLUS allows us to offer Chrysler Town & Country a new connection to parents and families whose needs and interests are directly aligned with their brand."
About Scholastic Parent & Child®:
Scholastic Parent & Child is one of today's leading parenting magazines, reaching more than 7.5 million parents. Parent & Child was created for families with children ages birth to 12, and one hundred percent of the editorial content is dedicated to informing parents on topics that serve the entire family, including child development, well being, health, activities, travel, fashion, and food. To visit the magazine's online site, log on to www.scholastic.com/parents.
To learn more about Scholastic, visit our online media room mediaroom.scholastic.com.
About Chrysler Town & Country:
The Chrysler brand has delighted customers with distinctive designs, groundbreaking technology, craftsmanship and intuitive innovation – all at an extraordinary value – since the company was founded in 1925.
The Chrysler brand continues that tradition in 2011 with a rejuvenated, stylish, well-crafted product lineup. Every 2011 vehicle the brand sells is all-new or significantly redesigned and engineered from the ground up. This succession of innovative product introductions propels the brand's standing as the leader in design, engineering and value. "Design with purpose" puts the premium for the Chrysler brand in the product, not the price.
The new Chrysler Town & Country minivan, the best-selling minivan in the United States in 2010, leads the way with a new powertrain offering best-in-class horsepower; an all-new, exquisitely crafted interior that includes improved Stow 'n Go® seating; an updated, elegant exterior design and more than 40 standard safety features on every model, including SafetyTec which includes blind spot monitoring, rear cross path detection, ParkSense® rear park assist, ParkView® rear back-up camera, rain-sensing wipers and SmartBeam headlamps. The Chrysler Town & Country minivan has won the R.L. Polk Loyalty award an unprecedented 10 times in-a-row.
SOURCE Scholastic Inc.