SCORE Infographic: Content Marketing for Small Businesses
Data Reveals Best Practices and Current Trends
Sep 29, 2016, 10:10 ET
WASHINGTON, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, has gathered statistics on successful content marketing strategies for small business.
Have a documented content strategy:
- 32% of B2B marketers and 37% of B2C marketers have one.
Meet daily or weekly to review effectiveness of content marketing efforts:
- 44% of B2B marketers and 48% of B2C marketers do so.
Be willing to invest in content marketing:
- B2B marketers allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing.
- B2C marketers allocate 32% of their total marketing budget to content marketing.
Utilize imagery to attract a bigger audience:
- 51% of B2B marketers and 55% of B2C marketers report prioritizing visual content this year.
- 67% of B2B marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 62% in 2015).
- 62% of B2C marketers use infographics for content marketing (up from 45% in 2015).
- Facebook posts with images get 2.3X more engagement than those without.
- Blog posts and articles with images once every 75-100 words get 2X more shares than those with fewer images.
Choose the right social network. Currently, small business owners are using:
- Facebook: 70%
- Twitter: 38%
- LinkedIn: 37%
- YouTube, Vine or Vimeo: 26%
- Instagram: 25%
- Company blog: 24%
- Yelp: 16%
- Pinterest: 14%
- Live-streaming apps: 7%
Design your social media marketing with a purpose. Currently, small business owners are using social media marketing to:
- Promote a specific product/service: 45%
- Share information about sales and discounts: 38%
- Gain likes and fans: 38%
- Solicit/respond to customer feedback: 34%
- Provide videos highlighting products or services: 29%
- Share a company blog post: 20%
- Establish their personal expertise: 23%
Download this infographic for more data on best practices in content marketing for small business. Meet with an experienced SCORE mentor who can help you design and refine your business's content marketing strategy for maximum impact.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000+ volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in 300+ chapters nationwide. In 2015, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+ million hours to help create more than 45,000 jobs and 55,000 small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800-634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org and follow SCOREMentors on Facebook and Twitter.
Info - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160928/413092-INFO
SOURCE SCORE Association
Share this article