WASHINGTON, June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, has gathered statistics on popular small business technology, such as mobile tools and the cloud, while revealing a need for improvement in customer relationship management (CRM) and data security.
Mobile technology is prevalent:
- 80% of small business owners use a mobile device at least once a day
- 56% use it for communication and scheduling
- 30% take notes and create to-do lists
- 29% check social media
- 24% bank online
The cloud is popular with entrepreneurs:
92% use at least one cloud-based solution, and 52% use cloud-based storage, citing their reasons as:
- 48% cite cost-effectiveness
- 45% cite flexibility
- 43% cite ease to use
- 39% cite improved business agility
- 32% cite security
- 63% of small business owners are overwhelmed with the number of technologies available
- 31% of small businesses do not have mobile-friendly websites
- Just 29% use a CRM system, despite acknowledging the importance of CRM
60% of cybercrime attacks are against small businesses, so better data security is needed:
- Only 50% protect their internet data
- Less than 50% have email security
- 20% have network security encryption
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free and low-cost small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in more than 300 chapters nationwide. In 2015, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+ million hours to help create over 45,000 jobs and 55,000 small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800-634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Connect with SCORE at www.facebook.com/SCOREMentors and www.twitter.com/SCOREMentors.
SOURCE SCORE Association