HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season is expected to be the most connected ever and Sears has refreshed its mobile app with new features, making it even easier for shoppers to fill their sleighs with gifts this holiday season.
"In 2015 we've seen more than a third of our online traffic come from a mobile phone – a 46 percent increase from last year," said Leena Munjal, senior vice president, Customer Experience & Integrated Retail, Sears Holdings. "Mobile devices are so much a part of our members' lives and they're not only researching and sharing, they're also buying. So it's more important than ever to have a robust, simple-to-use shopping app with features and services that no other major retailer offers."
In addition to the app update, Sears recently lowered the minimum purchase threshold for free shipping on qualifying orders to just $35 (was $49).
For a limited time, as a special reward for Shop Your Way members who refresh the app or for new members who download it, Sears is offering $5 in points on your next purchase of $15 or more. Key features of the refreshed Sears mobile app include:
- Free In-Store Shipping – Looking for a different color of an item that's not in-store? Simply open the Sears mobile app, find the item you want and get free shipping on orders placed while in-store (when location services are enabled).
- In-Vehicle Pickup, Return & Exchange in Five, Guaranteed – The fastest, most convenient way to get Sears.com purchases is via In-Vehicle Pickup. The service lets members pick up, return or exchange their online purchases for free at any Sears store – guaranteed in five minutes or less – without ever leaving their vehicle.
- Complete Layaway Management – Shoppers can initiate a new layaway contract and make all payments via the Sears app. In-store, shoppers can now simply scan products directly from the app.
- Exclusive Wheel of Fortune® Game – In a retailing first, play the Wheel of Fortune® Holiday Puzzler directly on the Sears app for a chance to win. Sears is giving away $1,000 in Sears gift cards to game winners every day through December 11.
- eCoupons – The simplest way to find, load and redeem coupons. Members get exclusive, personalized online and in-store discounts – no clipping necessary.
This major refresh enhances the app's existing shopping conveniences, including the ability to quickly find the right products and compare features, prices and user reviews; find deals, make the most of Shop Your Way points; make purchases, and track orders.
How to Activate Free Shipping In-Store on the Sears Mobile App
- With location services enabled, open the Sears mobile app while in-store. The app will automatically recognize you are inside a Sears store.
- Search for the products you're looking for and add items to your cart.
- Check out to receive free shipping on all products added to your cart while in-store.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation