PORT ORANGE, Fla., March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As the seasonal homeowner migration starts, many set themselves up for disaster and will arrive back home to flooded rooms, mold, appliances that took early retirement, and canceled insurance. But simple steps can eliminate the nightmare.
"Houses are a lot like teenagers, neither one should be left alone for very long!" says Mark Mehling, author, pioneer, and the leading authority in the home watch industry. "Snowbirds come home to problems because they failed to properly plan when they left in the spring. They think problems are just part of owning two homes, and it costs them thousands of dollars plus untold headaches and heartburn year after year."
Mark will entertain audiences with direct answers about:
- Homeowner's insurance changes that few learn until it's too late
- 6 "must know" points before interviewing a home watch service
- 4 shocking facts about using friends and neighbors to watch property
- A simple two minute test to decide if a home watch service is even needed
- Why a vacant house and an empty house are completely different -- and why it matters
- 4 common myths about leaving a home empty for the summer
- Air conditioning thermostats: Why "set it and forget it" guarantees problems
- The hidden cost of even minor mold and mildew problems
Mark Mehling, aka the HomeWatchGuy (http://thehomewatchguy.com/), founded Home Watch Valet and is a pioneer in the private home management area. He is the author of "Leaving Your Home-ALONE" and is single-handedly transforming home watch into a professional service that benefits thousands of snowbirds throughout Florida and the United States and saves them time and money.
Mark gives a lively and informative interview that will thrill radio and print audiences! By the end, you will be convinced that he has all the answers to protecting empty properties. Call (386) 212-6770 to schedule an interview.
For further information, contact:
Mark Mehling - (386) 212-6770
SOURCE Mark Mehling