DALLAS, July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced today that it has offered a challenge to its main competitor GTL to have an independent technology judge determine who has the largest and best product set, the most modern high tech/sophisticated telephone calling platform, and the best customer service.
"GTL has used litigation to try to say that their technology and customer service are comparable to ours," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer at Securus Technologies. "So – I want an independent judge to evaluate both product sets, both calling platforms, and both customer service models – it really isn't a fair comparison to GTL because of what we have invested here at Securus in the last three (3) years. We have invested1 over $670 million back in our business including the acquisition of companies, technologies, and product development along with a state of the art Technology Center and US customer service center."
"We know GTL's technology platforms because we used to use premise-based systems, and have these comments when comparing the two (2) companies' technologies and operating platforms:
- Securus owns a larger product set of useful services for the corrections sector;
- Securus has its own domestic based call center staffed by Securus employees – GTL outsources its customer service, primarily to Mexico. You get what you pay for;
- Securus uses its own trained field technicians versus GTL farming that out to non-employees;
- Securus has created the largest Voice Over Internet Protocol Corrections calling platform in the world. This VOIP Platform provides facility customers with routine software upgrades that enable new products/services to be seamlessly distributed to customers at a lower cost and much quicker versus GTL's premise-based older platforms;
- Of the former GTL facility customers that have converted to Securus – many have indicated that Securus' technology and customer service is superior to that offered by GTL. This is straight from customers who have direct knowledge of both."
"We have talked with customers that have left GTL and converted to Securus – and their message is clear – they prefer Securus' technology, customer service, and economics," said Smith.
"I also see that same messaging in the win/loss ratios that we maintain, i.e., we take +$2.70 in revenue from GTL versus the $1.00 that we lose to GTL – another good data point and a great ratio for me. Customer decisions are clear – they prefer Securus almost 3 to 1."
"So my offer to Global Tel Link stands – take the technology challenge bake off? It's almost a rhetorical question – if I was them – I would politely decline."
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 2,600 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,000,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
1Includes closing of JPay scheduled for Q3 2015
SOURCE Securus Technologies, Inc.