DALLAS, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced that it has received accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and received an A+ rating.
Danny de Hoyos, Senior Vice President of Operations, stated, "We have worked hard with the Better Business Bureau in Texas to not only receive their highest rating (A+), but also receive formal accreditation in terms of what we say and issue in print. Accreditation is voluntary on our part and means that Securus has worked in conjunction with the BBB to meet the required standards listed below:
- Build Trust—Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace
- Advertise Honestly—Adhere to established standard of advertising and selling
- Tell the Truth—Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material items
- Be Transparent—Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer's decision to buy
- Honor Promises—Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations
- Be Responsive—Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally and in good faith
- Safeguard Privacy—Protect data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information
- Embody Integrity—Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity
In an effort to improve and enhance customer service to approximately 25 million friends and family members, Securus established a 220 seat in-house domestic call center – the largest in the industry. This action gave Securus more control over how customer service was handled, and allowed us to implement the BBB required standards to become accredited. Securus representatives are trained with these standards in mind. They respond to an average of over 2.5 million calls per month. Calls are answered in an average of 11 seconds with a 99% first-call resolution rate. The Securus call center has a customer satisfaction score of 4.3 out of 5. These results are a testament to the commitment we have made to our customers and the BBB standards.
"Having accreditation means that the BBB has independently verified, confirmed and agrees that Securus is the largest facility provider and the only full-spectrum solutions provider in the sector with the largest team in the industry of over 1,300 Associates nationwide and meets the standards listed above," said de Hoyos.
"I am glad that Securus received accreditation. Too many times, some of our competitors make wild statements about their capabilities – that are clearly exaggerations," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Securus Technologies. "Accreditation means that what you say you really do, and can prove it. I really like that and we do business like that – so we love the process that the BBB uses and are a believer in that philosophy and enjoy their good scrutiny."
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
SOURCE Securus Technologies, Inc.